A first review - w/ suggestions

First off, sorry for posting in the wrong section - I pointed out some things that I would call suggestions and figured this would be a good section to purchase it.

Blandt: I purchased it for $140 - the beta is $140. Yes, I know it was available for $100 for 24hrs but it's currently $140 for their first release.
Steven: What would you call it if not defecting from vb?
ENF: Change someone's username and you'll see what i'm talking about
Face & Tim: I apologize about posting in the wrong section - see first point in this reply

You don't really think this software is ready to replace vb do you? I like it and think it's a good start - but it's not ready yet... The way you replied looks like you're reacting to someone trashing the software.

So, it's happening on the recent activity portion and not the posts. Or, is it happening on both?

Did you report it as a bug already?
It's happening at least on the recent activity and the index page (Latest: ) - it doesn't show in the index page anymore since someone replied since then..

I haven't reported it as of yet since I noticed it last night and haven't had a chance - i'll report it today, thank you.
Rob

I went back and looked at the name change today.

The user events (recent activity) are stored in a table called xf_news_feeds. The event along with the user name at the time of the event and the user ID (the number) are stored. There doesn't appear to be a process in place to go through that table and change the user names in that that table to match the current user's name.

The name change for posts and basic profile records, appear to work fine.

You don't really think this software is ready to replace vb do you? I like it and think it's a good start - but it's not ready yet... The way you replied looks like you're reacting to someone trashing the software.

They didn't "defect" from vB. Defecting implies that you are going somewhere else. They didn't. They simply resigned from their employment with Internet Brands.

I do not believe that it is the intentions of XenForo's owners/creators to replace vBulletin, or any other software.
Compete? Yes.
Replace? No.

First off, sorry for posting in the wrong section - I pointed out some things that I would call suggestions and figured this would be a good section to purchase it.

Blandt: I purchased it for $140 - the beta is $140. Yes, I know it was available for $100 for 24hrs but it's currently $140 for their first release.
ENF: Change someone's username and you'll see what i'm talking about
Face & Tim: I apologize about posting in the wrong section - see first point in this reply

No need to apologize to me, I was just busting balls after all. ;)

Top Bottom