A few things

Topper

What is the main difference between xenForo and VB Forum software ?

In VB in the Postbit of users in posts you have all kinds of info, how many posts a poster has made, if they are on line...you know the other things too...
Why are these things not here in this software?

There is so much support on the vB.org add on website for the add ons and so many great addons will xenForo ever get up to the same speed for addons or not?

What is the main difference between xenForo and VB Forum software ?
Check for yourself - Admin Demo

In VB in the Postbit of users in posts you have all kinds of info, how many posts a poster has made, if they are on line...you know the other things too...
Why are these things not here in this software?
It's configurable per style - click on the Style Chooser bottom left and select the Kitchen Sink style.

will xenForo ever get up to the same speed for addons or not?
Probably.

Check for yourself - Admin Demo

I've already took a look but due to so many years using VB i'd need to take a bit more time in there playing i guess.
I know it's probably not the way you want to sell this software but I'd like you to tell me why you think I should go for this software over the other one ;)
What advantages are there?
I guess the price is cheaper, but as far as I can see, i don't know anything more than that.
Cheers for the replies.

Topper this isn't really a case where people should be trying to sell you the software - you should be evaluating it yourself and making an informed decision on whether it is best for YOUR community. To put this another way, if you asked the same question here and at vB you'll get two sets of answers both suggesting each platform is best, is that really any help? Really you are the only person who is qualified to look at vB, look at XenForo, and then decide which one is best for your needs.

Topper this isn't really a case where people should be trying to sell you the software - you should be evaluating it yourself and making an informed decision on whether it is best for YOUR community. To put this another way, if you asked the same question here and at vB you'll get two sets of answers both suggesting each platform is best, is that really any help? Really you are the only person who is qualified to look at vB, look at XenForo, and then decide which one is best for your needs.
Ok, understood.

Once you've narrowed things down to specific questions (like whether particular features from vB are in XenForo), that's when a community like this can most help you :) There are a lot of people here who have converted from vB, and many that are about to, myself included. I would hope as you use XenForo more and more as an end-user you'll start to see why many consider it better.

Top Bottom