A few questions

Asystole

Hi everyone, I hope you are well.

I will dive straight in to the questions I have.

1. I used to be well in to forums several years ago where I used mostly MyBB. I wanted to know if I was to purchase XF for an idea I have, will I be able to get a good grasp of it off the bat without too much difficulty as I kind of remember how a forum operates etc?

2. In regards to the installation, I’ve had a read of the FAQs and wanted some clarification. If I were to buy XF and have my project flop, I will be able to uninstall XF on the flopped project and reinstall it on a new project under the same license, such as a new domain and hosting etc. Is this how it works?

I hope my questions make sense and thank you in advance.

Dan

Last edited:
1. I used to be well in to forums several years ago where I used mostly MyBB. I wanted to know if I was to purchase XF for an idea I have, will I be able to get a good grasp of it off the bat without too much difficulty as I kind of remember how a forum operates etc?
I had never run a forum, only been a user, prior to setting up Wondercafe2 on Xenforo (though I work in IT so am pretty comfortable around computers in general). The basics (managing users, setting up forums) are pretty simple IMHO. Where it gets complicated is if you start tinkering with styling but you can avoid a lot of fuss there by buying an "off the rack" style from one of the design houses in the Resource area.

I had never run a forum, only been a user, prior to setting up Wondercafe2 on Xenforo (though I work in IT so am pretty comfortable around computers in general). The basics (managing users, setting up forums) are pretty simple IMHO. Where it gets complicated is if you start tinkering with styling but you can avoid a lot of fuss there by buying an "off the rack" style from one of the design houses in the Resource area.
Mendalla, thank you for sharing your experience. This makes me much more comfortable with buying a license.

On another note, I had a little look around Wondercafe2 and I must say, although not my cup of tea, you've done an amazing job with the community.

Mendalla, thank you for sharing your experience. This makes me much more comfortable with buying a license.

On another note, I had a little look around Wondercafe2 and I must say, although not my cup of tea, you've done an amazing job with the community.
Glad you liked it. The style, by the way, is custom by @Russ based on his Flat Awesome+. The current forum layout is mostly my doing.

Top Bottom