A few questions

eaststandboy

Hey

I have a few questions to ask before i look at joining from Proboards.

1) Is there anyway of exporting data with no server access? I am pretty sure it will be a no.
2) We manually approve each new member. Do you have a system in place where the IP or email address will be vetted so we can get an alert if the new member is likely to be a spammer?
3) While a member is waiting for approval, can they be allowed to post in a specific part of the forum? Like a welcome board.
4) Can Likes be added to each post?
5) We have a list of banned username, email addresses and IP's can this be fed into the forum?
6) Can we have two themes as some users do not like the bright colour we use so i have a yellow and a plain one.

That is all for now :)

Cheers

1) Is there anyway of exporting data with no server access? I am pretty sure it will be a no.
Likely not, unfortunately.
2) We manually approve each new member. Do you have a system in place where the IP or email address will be vetted so we can get an alert if the new member is likely to be a spammer?
It is possible to manually approve every member, in addition we integrate with Stop Forum Spam which checks IP address, email address and username on registration against their DB. There are some other services such as DNS black lists that we check too.
3) While a member is waiting for approval, can they be allowed to post in a specific part of the forum? Like a welcome board.
Sort of. If a member is not "valid" such as they are in the "awaiting_approval" state then they will be treated as a guest. It would mean you could allow guests to post in the specified forum, but it would mean that all guests would be allowed to post there (whether they're awaiting approval or not).
5) We have a list of banned username, email addresses and IP's can this be fed into the forum?
There is an option which can allow you to specify disallowed text in usernames. There's also a banned email and banned IP address list as well as being able to ban users who are already registered.
6) Can we have two themes as some users do not like the bright colour we use so i have a yellow and a plain one.
Yes, you can have as many styles as you like :)

That is all for now :)

Cheers
Very welcome, feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

XF 2.0 should be out this year. We're using XF 2.0 here.

If you went ahead and purchased a license, you would be able to use the current stable version (1.5.15a) or you might want to get a head start and go with XF 2.0 Beta 5.

We've been using XF 2.0 in production for nearly a year (the first 8 months on our demo site, and here since August) so it is actually fairly stable though technically it is still "unsupported". The challenges of using the beta versions are likely less significant for brand new installs compared to upgrades.

XF 2.0 should be out this year. We're using XF 2.0 here.

If you went ahead and purchased a license, you would be able to use the current stable version (1.5.15a) or you might want to get a head start and go with XF 2.0 Beta 5.

We've been using XF 2.0 in production for nearly a year (the first 8 months on our demo site, and here since August) so it is actually fairly stable though technically it is still "unsupported". The challenges of using the beta versions are likely less significant for brand new installs compared to upgrades.
Hey

Cheers, i think i would take the plunge to go straight to V2.

Yes there are addons available for exporting data from other forum softwares.

There are many developers who developes a mindblowing themes and addon for xenforo.
Just go through the resources and pick right one (paid or free whichever you like)

You can check faq

You will find all available imports from other forum software

Yeah generally pretty easy. Most hosts will provide the facility to backup your site and files. You just restore that backup on a new server then switch the DNS.

Ok, i am speaking to an advertising agency in the UK who will host and also setup the forum for us and add features. As long as i can back up the forum then i would be able to move hosts if needed.

yes the top indicator is in xF2.

If you want to see how your site will look in default you can pm me. i will provide you my website link to see the default run.

Top Bottom