A few questions before migrate

diego222

First of all sorry for my english:oops: (I'm spanish). Well, it would we good that you (anyone) respond all questions :)

1 - Can I convert directly from vbulletin 4.2 (suite, but I only use forum.... ) to the latest version of Xenforo (1.1.3) .... or I have to import to an earlier version first?

2 - VB4 prefixes are imported too?

3 - After import from vb4... I think I have to manually put all forum/sub-forum permissions... right? or importer directly imports it too?

4 - I have to make a lot of subforums for game titles, but instead of that... I think it's best only one sub-forum for a game saga "FIFA" (for example) and then prefixes to chose from (fifa 2011, fifa 2012, fifa 2013, etc...). And the question is.... Its posible make obligatory the use of a prefixe to post? In VB4 I can "obligate" people to chose a prefixe before they can post.

5- For security, in VB4 I renamed admin directory "admincp" with another name.... Do I have to change to default name before convert?

6 - For security too, in VB4 I created a "second password" to enter Control Panel....:
-I created a directory before "/www" by ftp
-There, I created an ".htpasswd" with an encripted login and password
-Well, I put my login/password on forum like always, and when I want to enter on AdminCP, it pops up a window to enter another secondary login and password (Its a good thing for security :)).

..... and the question its the same for question 5, do I have to change to default before convert?

7 - License is 140 and we have one year of free support and upgrades..... an after that first year is when I have to renew and pay 40$, right?

Thanks.

I didn't realize that my current vb4 mod use the bbcode "
text
" and the xenforo add-on also use the same bbcode "
text
". Then I supose once installed (xenforo addon) I won't have to make any changes and all Spoiler will be adapted to xf-mod design automatically...

Thanks.

I didn't realize that my current vb4 mod use the bbcode "
text
" and the xenforo add-on also use the same bbcode "
text
". Then I supose once installed (xenforo addon) I won't have to make any changes and all Spoiler will be adapted to xf-mod design automatically...

Sure, if spoiler tag is the same in vBulletin and xenforo then you shouldn't have to do anything, just install the add-on.

Top Bottom