A Few Questions before Buying

web09

Hi everyone. I have a few questions to ask regarding possibly moving over to XenForo sw.

1. Is it possible to convert Wordpress comments on an existing wordpress site to a Xenforo forum? I have a few topics/posts in Wordpress that are getting many comments and it would work better if the discussions were handled via a forum instead of the regular wordpress comments system.

2. Once prior comments are converted into Xenforo if this is possible, then is there a currently working plugin or bridge that would enable future comments on wordpress posts to be made/posted in a Xenforo forum instead of using Wordpress' native comments system?

Has anyone done this on their setup or does anyone know of any examples of the above that I could view?

Thank you!

Hi everyone. I have a few questions to ask regarding possibly moving over to XenForo sw.

1. Is it possible to convert Wordpress comments on an existing wordpress site to a Xenforo forum? I have a few topics/posts in Wordpress that are getting many comments and it would work better if the discussions were handled via a forum instead of the regular wordpress comments system.

2. Once prior comments are converted into Xenforo if this is possible, then is there a currently working plugin or bridge that would enable future comments on wordpress posts to be made/posted in a Xenforo forum instead of using Wordpress' native comments system?

Has anyone done this on their setup or does anyone know of any examples of the above that I could view?

Thank you!
No, not at this time. Sorry.

Although this is a Word Press Bridge which will allow you to share members ... ie... Same log-in for Word Press and XenForo.

Adam and Jake, thank you both for your replies and help.

Jake, I would like your assistance in getting the database transferred. I just purchased my license so will get XenForo installed and will then PM you so we can work out next steps. I will also move forward with getting your bridge if it is working with the latest version of Wordpress and is stable for replacing wordpress comments with the forum integration option.

One more question for those of you all who are more familiar with Xenforo. How much of an improvement is the add/on Search feature compared to the regular search built in? In terms of functionality is it speed and functionality of search that is improved? Look forward to getting acclimated to the software and again, many thanks for the help with getting me informed about what's possible with the s/w etc.

Cool. Be sure to add your forum name (web09) on this page:

http://xenforo.com/customers/forum-users

One more question for those of you all who are more familiar with Xenforo. How much of an improvement is the add/on Search feature compared to the regular search built in? In terms of functionality is it speed and functionality of search that is improved? Look forward to getting acclimated to the software and again, many thanks for the help with getting me informed about what's possible with the s/w etc.

The search addon features no minimum word length and stemming (automatically searches variations of a root word such as date, dates, dated, dating, etc). But more importantly, the search addon is much more scalable which is necessary for very large forums.

Top Bottom