A bunch of really old people crashed my server.

You have your forum turned off, with a message stating there is technical difficulties (if the forum is running that well)... and the forum is still not online for people to try to post. Right?
I went there and got a database error page. I don't think he can get into his acp.

I have a solution. It's called XenForo. It's only in Beta, but I've found it's more stable than vB4.

I know that this is kind of a smart ass answer, but I can't tell you how many times I got the "too many connections" error with vB. I kept thinking that it was something to do with my hosting and I kept upgrading. Now that I'm on XF I have yet to have it with the same traffic. The difference is amazing.

Good for your host helping out, but man I hated it when stuff like that happened. You just feel so damned helpless.

I have a solution. It's called XenForo. It's only in Beta, but I've found it's more stable than vB4.

I know that this is kind of a smart ass answer, but I can't tell you how many times I got the "too many connections" error with vB. I kept thinking that it was something to do with my hosting and I kept upgrading. Now that I'm on XF I have yet to have it with the same traffic. The difference is amazing.

Good for your host helping out, but man I hated it when stuff like that happened. You just feel so damned helpless.

I am planning on moving :)

I have bought xF already. I am waiting for the banner system, I am waiting for an advanced subscription system for AW Junkies, I am waiting on an article system, and finally waiting on a Skin. :)

The Y2K bug returns huh?
biggrin.png

I am waiting for an advanced subscription system for AW Junkies, I am waiting on an article system, and finally waiting on a Skin. :)
I like Adam and his support is top notch.. But im glad i decided against holding my breath on this one.. That could be a while. All ive heard so far was that he intended to port his mods to XF.. That was before the Suit from IB.. It would be nice if he would at least confirm his plans for XF..

Anyways glad to hear you have things sorted out on your vB site..

Sounds like vB isn't closing MySQL connections, they may need to employ a couple of handy coders ... now if we only knew some ....

Top Bottom