A built in front end for XenForo

Chernabog

This has likely been said a thousand and one times before, but I just thought I would mention it (likely again) -- as a big fan of XenForo as a CMS/Portal solution, not just a forum, the only frustration I find myself having is when trying to create that 'look and flow' without the need for a Wordpress integration or a third party add-on. XenPorta 2 by 8WR is the closest thing we have to a portal solution and it works rather well, but....

I think my brain is tapped out from today, but I get that XenForo is perfect the way it is for those running a dedicated forum solution only, but for those of us who see the forums as one piece of a social community platform and are trying to create an engaging social community it just seems there should be something that allows that as part of the XenForo package.

Then again, my development and web based skills are anything but amazing, so perhaps this could all be pulled off beautifully by persons with a better skill set.

....soap box being put away.....

Upvote 0
Unfortunately we can't really accept this as a suggestion as you haven't really suggested anything significant.

You can use XF as a portal with any content you wish being your front page, including page nodes, widgets, or articles:

1631790359787.webp

So it's not really clear what changes you're proposing.

I'll close this for now but if you wanted to create a new thread with specific changes you'd like to see us make then we can consider that in the future.

Unfortunately we can't really accept this as a suggestion as you haven't really suggested anything significant.

You can use XF as a portal with any content you wish being your front page, including page nodes, widgets, or articles:

View attachment 257367

So it's not really clear what changes you're proposing.

I'll close this for now but if you wanted to create a new thread with specific changes you'd like to see us make then we can consider that in the future.

Thanks @Chris D — yea my post was anything but informative.. I was struggling with it while I was typing!

I’ve seen some awesome implementations like you’ve mentioned.

If I come up with anything specific I will repost. I guess I was having a “moment.”

Appreciate the team!

Top Bottom