A/B Test

ogirginc

Hi,
I am curios, is any one here use any kind of A/B test on their forums?

If you don't know what I am talking about:
At its core, A/B testing is exactly what it sounds like: you have two versions of an element (A and B) and a metric that defines success. To determine which version is better, you subject both versions to experimentation simultaneously. In the end, you measure which version was more successful and select that version for real-world use.

(To get more information about A/B test click here.)

I use if for my advertising only... I don't see much purpose for actual use on the forum. We've developed the site pretty much in conjunction with member feedback the entire time, always evolving and streamling...

The extent of A/B testing is that I give members possible options, and the majority rules. That is essentially A/B testing without the hassle.

Just what I do though...

A/B testing for advertising is typically more about what users click upon / like versus direct revenue accountability, which is measured at the page, not at the ad. Getting people to a page from a highly clicked ad doesn't make revenue directly, the page still has to sell the good, service, item. A good webmaster would have already done A/B testing at the page already, along with a bit of psychology research on what appeals to the broadest market based on provided good, service, item.

Marketing is a different subject from this, and it is very much more behavioural psychology than anything else.

Top Bottom