[8WR] XenTorneo (Rankings) PRO

[8WR] XenTorneo (Rankings) PRO [Paid] 1.2.1

No permission to buy ($200.00)

Jaxel

Jaxel submitted a new resource:

[8wayRun.Com] XenTorneo (Rankings) (version 1.0.0) - Tournament Ranking System

A branding removal license and instructions on how to remove the brands quick and easily can be purchased HERE for $50. Each branding removal license is good for ONE forum only! If you appreciate the work here, please DONATE.

What XenTorneo Does:

XenTorneo is a ranking system for tournaments. It lets users submit events; either through Challonge, Tio or by hand. It then...​

Read more about this resource...

I thought this mod would be at least around $100-$125 due to it being an early version and there is still a lot more that could be added into the mod. I checked to see if this $200 price tag comes with lifetime license (does it?) and a branding removal (apparently it doesn't) to justify me spending such a large amount of money on a single mod. After all, the fact that this mod, at its earliest form, costs much more than a Xenforo license, bothers me.

If me buying this mod comes with the following, then it could be worth it:
  • Constant, or at least regular, amount of updates are made to XenTorneo. It would also be nice to take other members' feature requests into consideration to help improve the mod.
  • MUCH better support from Jaxel. Especially individual support when we need it. I understand that you are a busy man, dealing with 8wayrun and making Xenforo mods to improve your own site, as well as ours, but if you expect us to pay such a large sum of money, we want to make sure you are dedicated in helping your customers.
  • A lifetime license of this mod would be nice. This is actually the MOST expensive mod I've ever seen at $200... Even the most advanced vBulletin mods I've seen go at around $100 less than what you are offering and they are lifetime licenses, as well.
I hope this post isn't considered as me bashing Jaxel or his mod. Let me just say that I'm sure that this mod could very well be worth the $200 price tag and Jaxel, in my opinion, is the best Xenforo mod provider, but I just want to make sure that I'm getting a lot out of this mod, especially support-wise.

Even if the price is right, it's a smart move, because with only 1 purchase he will probably earn more income than with a price of $20 or relying on donations. Jaxel already offers great addons for free, so I think nobody can complain that this time one of his addons is not free (even though it costs more than a 2 years XenForo license).

Even if the price is right, it's a smart move, because with only 1 purchase he will probably earn more income than with a price of $20 or relying on donations. Jaxel already offers great addons for free, so I think nobody can complain that this time one of his addons is not free (even though it costs more than a 2 years XenForo license.
$20 is way too little for this complex mod. I would pay around $100-$125 for this early version of this mod, as long as Jaxel actually puts the work to regularly update the mod with new features and provides much better mod support to his customers.

Does this come with no branding? Really it should at $200, I appreciate the amount of work that had to go into this but at that price it should be free. For example Naatan's immensely useful XenSSO which costs $60 and was similarly a massive project is branding free and you can use it on basically as many websites as you like. I'm not expecting the latter but it shouldn't really have any branding at that price and upgrades should probably be lifetime or atleast a very reasonable length

I'll just ask what everyone else is thinking... can we expect some sort of sale in the coming months? Holiday sale or something?

This does look good and the price is a bit high, but still somewhat fair to a site with a niche market for it. I am really considering buying this but my one major concern is yes even though you are very well known for your releases, not to flame you but a true concern before dropping $200.00 you are also very well known for your support or lack of in past add-ons, how can I be sure this will not not be the same case if I spend $200.00 and an issue comes up?

This does look good and the price is a bit high, but still somewhat fair to a site with a niche market for it. I am really considering buying this but my one major concern is yes even though you are very well known for your releases, not to flame you but a true concern before dropping $200.00 you are also very well known for your support or lack of in past add-ons, how can I be sure this will not not be the same case if I spend $200.00 and an issue comes up?
The reason why I dont charge for my other addons is that I have no interest in giving support to them. This one I am charging for, so I plan on giving support for it.

The reason why I dont charge for my other addons is that I have no interest in giving support to them. This one I am charging for, so I plan on giving support for it.

I did donate $200 to you one time for the branding removal on all your mods and as a Xenforo noobie at the time, I was really hoping you would at least take the time to help out a big customer (not sure if anyone else paid you that much for branding removal). Except... I got support like this. That's just a snippet of vague responses I got from you and there were times I asked you questions and you completely ignored them. I understand that they are free mods and you have no interest in supporting them, but being known as someone who provides lousy customer service will bite you in the *** and you will make people hesitate on purchasing your products.

Another example of you ignoring my questions is on this very thread right now when I asked you if you are planning to provide any discounts/sales in the upcoming months on a holiday or should we expect this $200 price tag to be permanent. Still waiting for that response. Also, in your other thread, I shared a cool feature request that you could implement into XenTorneo and asked you on your thoughts and I didn't get a reply from you.

I would like my discount question to be answered, at least.

I released the mod 6 hours ago, and you're already asking for a discount? Seriously? If I announced a discount right now, then no one would buy it right now... what would be the point of releasing the mod right now in the first place?

I released the mod 6 hours ago, and you're already asking for a discount? Seriously? If I announced a discount right now, then no one would buy it right now... what would be the point of releasing the mod right now in the first place?

Good point. In that case, I'm going to just have my fingers crossed for a possible price drop.

Admittedly I had to drop XenPorta due to the lack of support. Support for free addons is mandatory if a coder is planning to make commercial addons later. If people are pissed about the lack of support a coder provides (for any addon), then they will remember this later and think twice about a purchase from the same coder. Just a one man's opinion.

I think you should stop asking for donation with red letters on those Add-on's you are not planning to support ! Sometimes people think donating to add-on releaser is just supporting his work not looking for his supports when they encounter problems or issues . I know it gets boring when same questions show up one after another and hard to go through everything .

Looking at the current scenario how everyone is using xenporta you should announce people not to donate looking for support of addon :)

This thread is littered with nonsense. Really....

Jaxel, I see those small Soul Caliber icons, can they be used (icons) with any game... I assume they are editable. Might look into this for some type of NCAA gaming or Madden gaming ladder...

This thread is littered with nonsense. Really....

Jaxel, I see those small Soul Caliber icons, can they be used (icons) with any game... I assume they are editable. Might look into this for some type of NCAA gaming or Madden gaming ladder...
Yes, those icons are completely customizable. They are your "team" icons. In the pre-release thread, it was commented that not every game uses separate and distinct teams, so it would be useless... but you don't have to use it for teams/characters. You can use it for anything. If you wanted, you could put national flags there, and then link players to their nationality.

Top Bottom