• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

You may not know this, but creating these modifications for XenForo is basically my full time job. It is my primary source of income. If you appreciate the work here, please feel free to DONATE. A donation of $50 (or more) earns you the right to remove the copyright for this mod from a single install.

This is a complete rewrite of my old Media Library mod for vBulletin. This mod lets users submit videos from various video hosting sites around the net, and categorize them for browsing on your website.

Features:
  • Automatic information retrieval based on MRSS, JSON or HTML
  • Content keyword tagging and animated tag cloud
  • Media threads with automatic commenting and linking
  • Full integration with XenForo's content handler system
  • Custom playlists
Demo:
Installation:
  • upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRmedio/addon-EWRmedio.xml"
  • set options for the media library in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Importing from VB4:
  • Because of the nature of how data is imported into XenForo, I can not reliably offer a universal importing system from the VB4 version of this mod. However, for a price (starting at $30) I would be willing to work on your server/database and import and re-link your data myself. If you are interested, please feel free to message me.
Screenshots:

Untitled-1.webp Untitled-1.webp Untitled-2.webp Untitled-3.webp Untitled-4.webp Untitled-5.webp

Donations:
Download:

Attachments

This modification is FREE! However, with the free version, you only get the ability to submit YOUTUBE videos into your media library. I put a lot of work into this software, so I need some way to recoup costs. So, I've decided that while YouTube is free, additional services will be a`la cart. Each additional service is $5. You can start the purchase process by sending me a private message here on XenForo

REQUIRED EXPANSION:
  • Premium Edition Expansion: $20
If you want to install additional services, you must first purchase this premium edition expansion model. Without this model, you will be unable to import new service XML files.​
  • With the premium edition expansion, you get LOCAL video hosting for FREE.
    • Local HTML5/Flash Video (FLV, F4V, M4V, MP4)
    • Local HTML5/Flash Audio (MP3, MP2, AAC, M4A)
    • Local HTML5/Flash Audio Playlist (mRSS XML)
    • Local Silverlight Video (WMV)
To host media locally, upload the media to your "/data/local/" directory.​
Then simply use "video:filename.ext" as the media submission URL.​

ADDITIONAL VIDEO SERVICES: ($5 each)
  1. 1up Game Videos: HTML (no duration)
  2. AdobeTV: HTML
  3. Blip: MRSS
  4. CollegeHumor: HTML (no duration)
  5. DailyMotion: MRSS
  6. FunnyOrDie: HTML (no duration, no autoplay)
  7. GameTrailers: HTML (no duration, no autoplay)
  8. Google: HTML (no keywords)
  9. Hulu: HTML (no duration, no autoplay)
  10. Justin: JSON (no autoplay)
  11. MegaVideo: MRSS (no autoplay)
  12. MetaCafe: MRSS
  13. NicoVideo: MRSS (no autoplay)
  14. Own3D: HTML (no autoplay)
  15. SoundCloud: HTML (no duration)
  16. uStream: JSON
  17. Veevr HTML (no duration, no autoplay)
  18. Veoh: MRSS
  19. Viddler: HTML (no duration)
  20. VideoJug: HTML
  21. Vimeo: JSON
  22. Yahoo: HTML (no duration)
  23. YouTube: JSON
ADDITIONAL VIDEO SERVICES: ($10 each)
  1. *******: HTML (no duration, no autoplay)
  2. RedTube: HTML (no duration, no keywords)
Why are these hosters more expensive? Because they are adult websites and as such are harder to support as every time I visit these websites, I have to worry about various security issues.​

ADDITIONAL GALLERY SERVICES: ($5 each)
  1. FlickR: HTML (no keywords)
  2. PhotoBucket: HTML (no keywords)
  3. PicasaWeb: HTML (no keywords)
I am adding more services as I go; however it takes time. If there is a specific service you are looking for, let me know so that I can put it at the top of my list. I will always try to find a JSON or MRSS solution before I fall back to HTML. However, not all services offer JSON or MRSS, so sometimes you have to take what you can get. Not all services offer the same type of information retrieval either; for instance, most services don't have duration handling.

I need someone willing to beta test the install file on their own test forum...

If you wanna do it... contact me on AIM: BadBreath911

There will be a delay for a few hours before I can respond to anybody...

I just got a CRAZY virus on my computer from creating the MegaVideo XML. I don't understand why people host their videos on MegaVideo, its god awful and full of viruses. This one being particularly bad... I'm debugging my machine right now.

There will be a delay for a few hours before I can respond to anybody...

I just got a CRAZY virus on my computer from creating the MegaVideo XML. I don't understand why people host their videos on MegaVideo, its god awful and full of viruses. This one being particularly bad... I'm debugging my machine right now.

hmm it could be adware creeping through..now you got me thinking!

Its "ThinkPoint"... which is one of those "Malware disguised as Malware Remover" viruses. It co-opts your machine, presents a fake virus scan of your computer and urges you to buy the "pro" version of their program to remove it.

data/media folder missing when inserting a youtube video the image is missing? but fixed it by adding it.
thanks... completely forgot to add that step to the install process. It has been added. When you install, the directory will now automatically be created. If you have already installed with the old install files, you should create this directory manually and CHMOD it 777.

HTML:
Server Error

Undefined variable: errno

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php at line 236
   2. Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 969
   3. Zend_Http_Client->request() in EWRmedio/Model/Submit.php at line 26
   4. EWRmedio_Model_Submit->fetchFeedInfo() in EWRmedio/ControllerPublic/Media.php at line 238
   5. EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media->actionMediaSubmit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
   6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/me/www/XF/index.php at line 15
When you import a youtube link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom