• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your server/directory permissions aren't correct.

That was my thought as well, but I can't figure out which folder is set wrong, all the folders I uploaded are set to 755, and the files are 644. I don't see anything in the instructions about changing the permissions... very weird... I used xenPorta and xenAtendo with no issues. I think I'm going to send a ticket to my server manager, see what's going on...

Okay, well, I cheated.

I created a media folder inside the data directory, and set the permissions to 777, install went smoothly after that.

Is it possible to make the media categorises collapsable? Looks like a big mess if you got a lot of categories with a lot of subcategories. Would be awesome to see this as an option in the next update or if anyone got a code for it.

No meta, keywords, rel canonical tags on /media/ url :rolleyes:
How to manually add those tags, I tried @ EWRmedio_Media template after title doesn't work.

canonical should be in there imo, as it is a core feature of xenForo and recommended by every major search engine.

Is it possible to make the media categorises collapsable? Looks like a big mess if you got a lot of categories with a lot of subcategories. Would be awesome to see this as an option in the next update or if anyone got a code for it.
+1 ^O^

Thank you for taking the time to make an excellent and useful plugin.

I just installed the Media plugin onto my Xenforo installation (the latest 1.1 installation), and although I can see the admin panel option for the plugin, the "Media" tab is not visible in my forum.

I followed these directions exactly:

Installation:
  • upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRmedio/addon-EWRmedio.xml"
  • set options for the media library in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
Did I miss a step?

Thank you all for your help and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom