• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenHabla (IRC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxel

You may not know this, but creating these modifications for XenForo is basically my full time job. It is my primary source of income. If you appreciate the work here, please feel free to DONATE. A donation of $50 (or more) earns you the right to remove the copyright for this mod from a single install.

I was unhappy with the chat room I was using before. So created this. This chat system uses a FLASH based chat client (that has no adverts) to connect to an IRC network. This mod uses the GeekShed IRC Network by default; you can use any IRC network you choose, but I recommend sticking with GeekShed because they offer "who's chatting" exportability that has been integrated into XenPorta.

Features:
  • Flash based chat room using the lightIRC client.
  • AJAX based chat room using the Mibbit client.
  • Integration into XenAtendo's Live Stream system.
  • Integration into XenPorta for Who's Chatting (if you use GeekShed or vBirc)
  • Full screen popout and various resizing options.
Demon:
Installation:
  • upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRhabla/addon-EWRhabla.xml"
  • set options for the chat server in administration control panel
Screenshots:

Untitled-1.webp Untitled-2.webp Untitled-3.webp Untitled-4.webp

Download:

Attachments

Absolutely amazing :). We already use GeekShed so it's great that you've incorporated it.

Once XF is stable and we're sure we're going to migrate to it we'll definitely donate for all your mods we use.

[Deleted my first reply as it was before your reserved post]

We've not used IRC chat before but this looks very interesting indeed. Have a questions about it - if we have a room/chanel passworded can it automatically pass the XF username and password (one set for the channel, not the users) through to GeekShed? Realise this may not be possible as it's connecting to 3rd party software.

We've not used IRC chat before but this looks very interesting indeed. Have a questions about it - if we have a room/chanel passworded can it automatically pass the XF username and password (one set for the channel, not the users) through to GeekShed? Realise this may not be possible as it's connecting to 3rd party software.
In order to do remote authentication, you would need to set up your own IRC server. GeekShed is a public server, so this is simply not possible.

Really nice addon which i would like to use ( i am looking for a very long time for an IRC Addon) but as i run my site on a Webserver, not a root or vserver, i am not able to install the flashpolicyd.zip because of not having ssh access and my Hoster wont do it because of a security reason.
Probably not only me will have this Problem and also not able to solve it.
As a suggestion a good alternative would be this chatsystem which also works on all irc networks without any errors, as far as i know.

Really nice addon which i would like to use ( i am looking for a very long time for an IRC Addon) but as i run my site on a Webserver, not a root or vserver, i am not able to install the flashpolicyd.zip because of not having ssh access and my Hoster wont do it because of a security reason.
Probably not only me will have this Problem and also not able to solve it.
As a suggestion a good alternative would be this chatsystem which also works on all irc networks without any errors, as far as i know.

Is it not the IRC server that needs the flashpolicy daemon installed on, not your webserver? Or are you running an IRC server yourself?

In order to do remote authentication, you would need to set up your own IRC server. GeekShed is a public server, so this is simply not possible.

for those wanting their own IRC server, I've been using Unreal IRCD for years. This looks like a great mod. I may attempt ircd install again just to try this out. (I know overkill vs just using irc server above) but I like a challenge :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom