• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to allow accents on the wiki links? I'm using this on a portuguese speaking board and a lot of word contains áccents and when I try to create a page with an accent on them they automaticly cuts the letter that cotains it. While xenforo does not!

This would be awesome if it can be implemented.

Also I noticed that while in the wiki if you mention a word that contains a page created, it links to the related page, would it be possible to make posts in xenforo to detect if the word has a wiki page and link to it?

Thanks!

Jaxel, some of my board members a reporting images not being shown with the IMG bbcode on mozilla firefox(3.6.13)(win)

Okaaay....so what commands are there to choose from then?

How does the cross-page linking work?

How do you create headings and so on? I guess these headings make up the ToC?

Adding images? I guess it's just like using BBcode?

Okaaay....so what commands are there to choose from then?

How does the cross-page linking work?

How do you create headings and so on? I guess these headings make up the ToC?

Adding images? I guess it's just like using BBcode?
You use the normal editor if in bbcode mode, ie. bold, italic, lists, etc... nice and simple. URL's, video, etc... all via the editor if in bbcode mode. HTML mode is obviously straight forward, you write your page custom.

BBcode there are:
[h2] > [h6] heading tags, which will automatically define the contents menu just by using them. Each level you drop, you drop in the contents menu created, ie. indent.

When you place the first heading, the contents menu will be created directly above it automatically. So if you write half a page without using a heading, then the contents menu will appear half way down the page, just above the first heading. So you obviously need to define a page structure.

To cross link, just use the word / phrase exactly, and on save, it will cross link that term to pages already created. As pages are created, then existing pages will automatically cross link the terms.

[nosidebar] by itself, no closing, will remove the sidebar from showing.

You create custom templates via HTML or PHP, then you insert that code into your BBCode page by using:

[template=template-name] slug-name=slug [/template]

Read back on the first page or two for this information.

And the CSS it uses which is contained in the Extra.css template:

HTML:
/*** Wiki Custom CSS ***/

.wikimessageUserBlock {
float:right;
@property "messageUserBlock";
background: @primaryLighterStill url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/tab-selected-light.png') repeat-x bottom;
border: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
border-radius: 5px;
@property "/messageUserBlock";
position: relative;
}
.wikimessageUserBlock div.wikiavatarHolder {
@property "messageAvatarHolder";
background-color: @primaryLightest;
padding: 10px;
border-radius: 4px;
@property "/messageAvatarHolder";
}
.wikimessageUserBlock div.wikiavatarHolder a {
display: block;
}
.wikiimage {
max-width: 110px;
}
As you can see, I set a maximum width for the image via CSS, so it doesn't matter if the image placed is 2000px wide, it will show as 110px wide and when clicked upon, will open in a new tab for the viewer, showing the full size image.

Hi Anthony,

1) I take it you put the css in the Extra.css box minus the HTML tags?

2) Do I have to put the css in the template at all? I've created the two templates you posted and pasted the css (minus the html tags) in the extra.css box but the image is displaying full size.

Where did I screw it up? :)

Regards,
Renada

I know I said I wouldn't release any updates till XF Gold... but I changed my mind...
THIS IS A HUGE UPDATE! PLEASE DELETE /library/EWRcarta/ DIRECTORY FROM YOUR SERVER BEFORE UPLOADING THIS NEW VERSION!

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki) v1.2.4 CHANGELOG
  • Route construction has been changed and completely rebuilt to suit Session Activity.
  • A permission has been added for the ability to view historical versions.
  • Cache Expiration has been added. Now caches will automatically get cleared.
  • Lots of erroneous template changes and fixes.
This is a big update to the way routes are constructed, please inform me of any issues.

I know I said I wouldn't release any updates till XF Gold... but I changed my mind...
THIS IS A HUGE UPDATE! PLEASE DELETE /library/EWRcarta/ DIRECTORY FROM YOUR SERVER BEFORE UPLOADING THIS NEW VERSION!

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki) v1.2.4 CHANGELOG
  • Route construction has been changed and completely rebuilt to suit Session Activity.
  • A permission has been added for the ability to view historical versions.
  • Cache Expiration has been added. Now caches will automatically get cleared.
  • Lots of erroneous template changes and fixes.
This is a big update to the way routes are constructed, please inform me of any issues.

Will installing this get rid of all the current entries?

As long as you don't UNINSTALL anything, you wont lose anything. I didn't say to uninstall anything, just delete some files.

When I try to add new page with the update I get:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Special::inputPageUpdate() in /home/...../public_html/comunidade/library/EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php on line 60

At first I had TaigaChat Addon enable I was getting:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_Index::inputPageUpdate() in /home/...../public_html/comunidade/library/EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php on line 60

When I try to add new page with the update I get:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Special::inputPageUpdate() in /home/...../public_html/comunidade/library/EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php on line 60

At first I had TaigaChat Addon enable I was getting:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_Index::inputPageUpdate() in /home/...../public_html/comunidade/library/EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php on line 60
Oops... uploaded new files, just copy them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom