• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Jaxel says "All Day" is different to each person. It's just the same to put in your times 0:01 - 23:59. No sense in adding bloating code.

Like Jaxel says "All Day" is different to each person. It's just the same to put in your times 0:01 - 23:59. No sense in adding bloating code.

I respect the developers time commitments, but what time does your birthday start? Or your anniversary? Or Xmas?

And from a user experience end that is the smartest way to do it?

If I were to walk up to you and ask you when is your birthday what would your answer be?

January 3rd midnight to midnight? or January 3rd. Isn't software supposed to work the way people work?

And from a user experience end that is the smartest way to do it?

If I were to walk up to you and ask you when is your birthday what would your answer be?

January 3rd midnight to midnight? or January 3rd. Isn't software supposed to work the way people work?

0:01 to 23:59? I don't understand your point?

0:01 to 23:59? I don't understand your point?

All interactive software has two pieces. The back end technical piece that is right from a computer stand point, and the piece where the user experience is built around how an everyday person works. Far less technical, a little more forgiving, and just overall human.

Most people think of a lot of events as all day things. Birthdays, anniversaries, or anything they will be attending all day. So my suggestion is for the users that want to list an event as an all day without any specific time to have a check box that says 'All Day' . I completely respect the time commitment of the developer and the low priority of the request, but every major calendar software out there has an all day check box. It is not like I made up some whacky request that no one uses.

So, why wouldn't you add a feature to calendar software if it would add functionality to the way people think? (besides development requirement, obviously)

All interactive software has two pieces. The back end technical piece that is right from a computer stand point, and the piece where the user experience is built around how an everyday person works. Far less technical, a little more forgiving, and just overall human.

Most people think of a lot of events as all day things. Birthdays, anniversaries, or anything they will be attending all day. So my suggestion is for the users that want to list an event as an all day without any specific time to have a check box that says 'All Day' . I completely respect the time commitment of the developer and the low priority of the request, but every major calendar software out there has an all day check box. It is not like I made up some whacky request that no one uses.

So, why wouldn't you add a feature to calendar software if it would add functionality to the way people think? (besides development requirement, obviously)

Who says most people think that way? I sure don't. You must be used to sleeping certain hours, so your days are pretty much the same.

I dont think you understand... someone's birthday or anniversary may be all day... but the EVENT usually isn't. This is an EVENT system, not a calendar.

I really don't understand why people are being so negative towards someone when all they are asking for is one little improvement to make the functionality better and thus far more likely for more people to use the mod.

Personally I'm more inclined to help out developers financially when they incorporate functionality that makes mods better and not for being close minded and negative to potential users/customers/loyal customers. :)

I really don't understand why people are being so negative towards someone when all they are asking for is one little improvement to make the functionality better and thus far more likely for more people to use the mod.

Personally I'm more inclined to help out developers financially when they incorporate functionality that makes mods better and not for being close minded and negative to potential users/customers/loyal customers. :)

No one is being negative to anybody really. I think saying thats a bit over-exaggerated?
I think Kingstons suggestion is ok ... i get his point of view but as Jaxel said this is an events mod not a calendar.
To code all this is time... time is money... its a little unfair on Jaxel to be expected to implement every suggestions/request.
If you want something done to one of his mods... then msg Jaxel offering payment for customisation and Im sure he will work something out. I think thats fair!

As far as the money goes as soon as my board jumps over to XF I will be paying for the mods that I use. Right now I am testing them out and seeing which ones are worth keeping and donating for.

If the event system is strictly just events and can't handle all days things then I just wont use this one, and in turn wont donate for it.

I do love the other mods that he has been done so far and will probably donate for three of them.

No one is being negative to anybody really. I think saying thats a bit over-exaggerated?
I think Kingstons suggestion is ok ... i get his point of view but as Jaxel said this is an events mod not a calendar.
To code all this is time... time is money... its a little unfair on Jaxel to be expected to implement every suggestions/request.
If you want something done to one of his mods... then msg Jaxel offering payment for customisation and Im sure he will work something out. I think thats fair!

I'm not saying he should incorporate every suggestion just one that is standard in just about every events type function ever created it's interesting that Jaxels site is a gaming one and when do game releases tend to happen....yep on a set date - all day! :)

I'm not saying he should incorporate every suggestion just one that is standard in just about every events type function ever created it's interesting that Jaxels site is a gaming one and when do game releases tend to happen....yep on a set date - all day! :)

If its a valve game could we get a feature to handle valve time?

My website is a tournament website, not a game website.

I'm getting these errors when entering an event.
Events 1.0.1

• Please enter a value for the required field 'event_address'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'event_stream'.
It looks like an address is still required. I entered city and state. When I use an address, no error.
Event stream is blank and I have event stream unchecked.

This is a must have for one of my sites before I can convert it from vB4.
Thanks.

Give it a rest man! Are you trolling or something? geez...
Your profile says "this place is a joke". Not sure what your intentions are but just chill out...

I'm sorry I won't add my opinion anymore.

I'm sorry I won't add my opinion anymore.

By all means have your opinion, thats not what Im saying.
But dont be a ... for lack of a better word 'smartass'. Especially to Jaxel in his own thread about his own mod.
Thats all im saying ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom