• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but I couldn't twist you arm to put it in as an option???? :p

Not right away or anything of course though as I know you've got heaps of other projects on the go.
If you really must add this feature: open EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Thread
find:
Code:
if ($response instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View && $options->EWRatendo_eventforum == $response->params['forum']['node_id'])
replace with:
Code:
if ($response instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)

Then simply make your event thread, and then move it to a different forum...

This will add an extra query to your threads.

Thanks for that Jaxel.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a pain but the way our events currently work using a single forum for the events would just get too cluttered, with different games and ladders for them isn't practical to have all the games listed in one place.

This is by far the bast addon thanks!!!!!
One question is what is a Stream URL:? Im sorry Im a noob. its making sure I have one so it may be important

Great MOD! I just need one fix My icon in all my skins is missing is there a way to fix this?
2010-12-02_22-50-41.webp

Thank you for all the fast service fixing the small bugs, this is such a great add on!

This is killer, I'm surprised you haven't been hired by xenforo as staff yet ;) these should be official mods. Can't wait for ladders and tournaments.

If it were a paid event, could we link in a paypal button, just thinking out load with that. Or better, maybe have the rsvp an admin option so that admin can confirm attendees that we know have paid elsewhere(over phone etc)

Anyway, awesome mod which I will donate too when I use.

If it were a paid event, could we link in a paypal button, just thinking out load with that. Or better, maybe have the rsvp an admin option so that admin can confirm attendees that we know have paid elsewhere(over phone etc)

Anyway, awesome mod which I will donate too when I use.
I think thats a bit too "focused" a feature and not many will use it... so I can't really program around it. However, you can easily put all that information in the first post of the event thread... a link to the paypal, as well as a running tally of paid attendees.

If the stream url is left blank it wont let me save the event.

Also one small thing, if someone leaves silly comments in the rsvp is there no way of deleing them?

If the stream url is left blank it wont let me save the event.

Also one small thing, if someone leaves silly comments in the rsvp is there no way of deleing them?
stream url issue is fixed already in the next version...

as for deleting comments... right now there is no delete feature... I will add it in the future... I'm about to leave for NEC XI for 3 days, so I won't be able to program it in for a while.

stream url issue is fixed already in the next version...

as for deleting comments... right now there is no delete feature... I will add it in the future... I'm about to leave for NEC XI for 3 days, so I won't be able to program it in for a while.

What about not requiring a location and allowing events to not have a specific time... just be all day?

What about not requiring a location and allowing events to not have a specific time... just be all day?
how can an event not have a location?

As for specific times, they are absolutely required. Timestamps are calculated down to the second, and include timezones. An all day event? All day by who's standards? What time zones? You can easily just pick 12AM to 12AM to constitute an all day event.

Sure, let me explain. I run a cheerleading forum. We have about 10,000 readers (6,000 registered members). When a competition goes on people care very little about the start times, just what days they are on. In fact, quite some confusion has occurred when there are times on our current calendar, because the event is literally all day. As far as location, the event might be in 'Chicago' and span across 4 different locations.

So I guess no little selection that says 'all day' and on the back end it just puts 12am to 12pm and to the user its nice and clean?

how can an event not have a location?

As for specific times, they are absolutely required. Timestamps are calculated down to the second, and include timezones. An all day event? All day by who's standards? What time zones? You can easily just pick 12AM to 12AM to constitute an all day event.
Sure, let me explain. I run a cheerleading forum. We have about 10,000 readers (6,000 registered members). When a competition goes on people care very little about the start times, just what days they are on. In fact, quite some confusion has occurred when there are times on our current calendar, because the event is literally all day. As far as location, the event might be in 'Chicago' and span across 4 different locations.

So I guess no little selection that says 'all day' and on the back end it just puts 12am to 12pm and to the user its nice and clean?

And reading this I think I might have come off a little snarky. I REALLY appreciate your mods. When we launch and move over to Xenforo I will be donating for each of the mods we end up using.

And reading this I think I might have come off a little snarky.
I didnt get that... but ok...

As for location... if you set the address to "Chicago", and city/state to "Illinois", googlemaps will just center the map on Chicago, IL... All the address and city/state fields are, is a comma seperated list of location IDs... if you wish, you could even use it for Latitude and Longitude...

I dont have any plans for an "all day" feature. It just seems like it has such limited use that my time can't be spent on programming it. The "events" page however does seperate and list by days... I would not recommend setting an event for 12AM-12AM though... because of timezones, the date could rollover to a previous day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom