XF 1.3 7 tabs to chg focus from Username to Password field?

Main Company

Put your cursor in the Username field and then count the number of tab presses it takes to focus on the Password field. I count 7 times on my forum.
xf_login.webp

just went thru the entire list of addons, ultimately turning them all off, and same problem. Double checked on another browser, and still same problem. Strange.

One diff between my site and xf community site is that I've turned off new user registrations. I'm only allowing logins.

I am kind of interested to see what you are looking at on your end...if you inbox me a link I will take a look there myself.

On the drop down for login it would be a single tab to get to the password field, but as in his case here he has the dropdown removed/disabled it appears and that forces a user to go to the actual login page where I in fact have to tab 7 times to get the password field, on my own test install it does the same except it needs 5 tabs. Guess I never noticed it.

On the drop down for login it would be a single tab to get to the password field, but as in his case here he has the dropdown removed/disabled it appears and that forces a user to go to the actual login page where I in fact have to tab 7 times to get the password field, on my own test install it does the same except it needs 5 tabs. Guess I never noticed it.
I have unregistered user permissions set to No in all cases, as I don't want them having access (this board is for internal company use). This forces the user to the login page that EQnoble is speaking of.

OK.. then let's broaden it out a little more.. what add-ons do you have installed that interact with login processes (this sound more like a honeypot/antispam add-on type add-on).

OK.. then let's broaden it out a little more.. what add-ons do you have installed that interact with login processes (this sound more like a honeypot/antispam add-on type add-on).
I think @EQnoble showed that it's not an add-on issue, but a template issue. I'm happy to share a list of my add-ons, but I turned them all off and the problem remained.

So, I have registered user permissions for view forum set to No. I also have turned-off new user registration. This then shows the user login page template, not the traditional sliding login at the top of the page. Try it on your own site and see what happens.

I'd really appreciate a little direction on how to fix this. I've never modified the templates, and I'm not quite sure how to figure out which template I need to modify. Any suggestions?

EDIT: At first, it looked like the tab key went backwards by default.. but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Tab 0: User Name Field
Tab 1: Stay Logged In
Tab 2: Log in button
Tab 3: Forgot your password
Tab 4: Quick Navigation Menu
Tab 5: Navigation Slate (Forums)
Tab 6: Navigation Slate (Home)
Tab 7: Password Field

Interesting, but taking a look at this now.

Top Bottom