1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 7 tabs to chg focus from Username to Password field?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Main Company, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

Put your cursor in the Username field and then count the number of tab presses it takes to focus on the Password field. I count 7 times on my forum.
    xf_login.jpg

2. thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

3. Main Company

Hmmm, I wonder which addon?

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Disable add-ons individually until you find the perpetrator.

5. Main Company

just went thru the entire list of addons, ultimately turning them all off, and same problem. Double checked on another browser, and still same problem. Strange.

One diff between my site and xf community site is that I've turned off new user registrations. I'm only allowing logins.

6. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again

7. Main Company

No go.

I think it's the fact that I have registration turned off. Does someone have a test board they can try this out on?

8. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I just tried it out on a testbed with reg disabled...it remains one.

9. Main Company

this is just bizarre

10. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

On the drop down for login it would be a single tab to get to the password field, but as in his case here he has the dropdown removed/disabled it appears and that forces a user to go to the actual login page where I in fact have to tab 7 times to get the password field, on my own test install it does the same except it needs 5 tabs. Guess I never noticed it.

11. Main Company

I have unregistered user permissions set to No in all cases, as I don't want them having access (this board is for internal company use). This forces the user to the login page that EQnoble is speaking of.

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Do you happen to have the TAC honeypot add-on installed?

13. Main Company

No.

14. Tracy Perry

OK.. then let's broaden it out a little more.. what add-ons do you have installed that interact with login processes (this sound more like a honeypot/antispam add-on type add-on).

15. Main Company

I think @EQnoble showed that it's not an add-on issue, but a template issue. I'm happy to share a list of my add-ons, but I turned them all off and the problem remained.

So, I have registered user permissions for view forum set to No. I also have turned-off new user registration. This then shows the user login page template, not the traditional sliding login at the top of the page. Try it on your own site and see what happens.

16. Tracy Perry

If I remember correctly, some add-ons - those that make template changes - even when disabled the template changes stay in effect.

17. Main Company

o
    okie dokie, i will post my addons here when back at my desk.

18. Main Company

here ya go...

installed-addons.jpg

19. Main Company

I'd really appreciate a little direction on how to fix this. I've never modified the templates, and I'm not quite sure how to figure out which template I need to modify. Any suggestions?

20. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

EDIT: At first, it looked like the tab key went backwards by default.. but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Tab 0: User Name Field
    Tab 1: Stay Logged In
    Tab 2: Log in button
    Tab 3: Forgot your password
    Tab 4: Quick Navigation Menu
    Tab 5: Navigation Slate (Forums)
    Tab 6: Navigation Slate (Home)
    Tab 7: Password Field

Interesting, but taking a look at this now.