502 Bad Gateway

DRE

I've been getting these a lot lately. What could be the cause of 502 Bad Gateways? Gonna email my host.

I am unable to submit a ticket at KnownHost for some reason. Their site is moving extremely slow. Looks like I'll have to email em.

I've found on nginx that it's usually because php-fpm was having problems.
Oh is that what it is. @MattW installed nginx on my site and set it up. I hope what he did wasn't so complicated that knownhost can't figure it out. Not really trusting their technical aptitude about this yet since this will be my second ticket to them for this same issue.

I'm going to make a couple of small changes to the default config for nginx, and restart it on your server if that's OK?

They actually responded quite fast.

I checked the server but couldn't find any issues.

The resource usage and load the server are fine.

If you are facing similar issues, please get back to us at the exact time the issue occurs.

@MattW

I'll ask publicly for a point of reference.....

From time to time I do get people who want or need help with nGinx. It's not exactly my skill set. I find so many things change or vary in each version. Unlike with Apache, what works today, works in tomorrows release (my point of view).

But I've noticed you have a fair understanding of it (nginx). Often most of the solutions I see here (XenForo) regarding nginx come from you or you have some impute to add.

Would it be OK and do you believe you would be up for the task if I referred these people to you in the future?

All you have @DRE is nginxcp running as a reverse proxy to apache to serve your static content. It's a plugin that is installed via command line.

http://nginxcp.com/forums/thread-1128.html
centOS?j ackkkkkk.... spit.....

Debian for the World! :coffee:

centOS is a OK, but I been in the Debbie camp for to long. Even on my centOS box I have here I find myself typing in apt-get instead of yum (and I went so far as to mod the prompt to remind me in garish letters to use YUM).

centOS?j ackkkkkk.... spit.....

Debian for the World! :coffee:

centOS is a OK, but I been in the Debbie camp for to long. Even on my centOS box I have here I find myself typing in apt-get instead of yum (and I went so far as to mod the prompt to remind me in garish letters to use YUM).

Sadly for me the command yum update tummy always leads to command not found

I've just set up a debian VPS with ownCloud and I'm having a play with that. $7 per month for 500GB of VPS disk space to use for backups!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1265118
Not bad... I may end up getting a second VPS just for that. Right now I replicate the DB's between my two servers, rsync the backups (DB and forum structure) between the two and then rsync the DB/forum to my Mac and Debian server at the house. Think I'm doing overkill? :D

Or just go with Litespeed?
What performance issue?
Considering the problems that folks have had with LiteSpeed and xenForo... you're welcome to it. OpenLiteSpeed (once it's been out a little longer and proven itself) might work. I'll stick with my nginx setup thankee very much.. :p

Top Bottom