500 Internal Server Error

Thanks WSWD
But I did get it working before moving my main domain. I bought the web space together with a test domain, and did a fully functional installation.
After I moved my main domain to this host, and they switched from my test domain to my main domain to be the root of public_html, it isn't working.
I did use the same version of Xenforo.

That's bizarre for sure. It has to be related to the Apache configuration though. Almost 100% sure of it. Something got screwed up in the config when they changed the domain. This is shared hosting and not a VPS I'm guessing, where you have root access?

I think your/their best bet at this point would be to back up your account, delete the current one completely from the server, and create the account from scratch. Not trying to defend the host, as something clearly went very wrong, but it's not unheard of to have issues like this when you change the domain on an account, transfer a domain from an add-on domain/parked domain to the main domain, etc. Configuration files (usually Apache) have the tendency to get screwed up. That's why I personally prefer to do the backup, delete, and restore. It results in a couple minutes of downtime vs. none with just changing the domain over, but it's really the safest way to do things in the long run.

What about this, would it help to change any of this?

astrayT.jpg

I seem to be able to change between 5.5, 5.6 and 7.0

Ok, just to give you guys an update.
My host did in fact mess it up, and just a few minutes ago fixed it.

Thanks a lot for your help and time guys, you are awesome :)

Good to hear. Out of curiosity, did they say what it was? And just to answer your first question, no, changing the PHP settings would very likely not do anything in this case.

The only time I could think of that it might.. was if PHP was seg-faulting on an add-on/script. I had that happen when I first upgraded to 7.0 - roundcube didn't like it since it wasn't 7.0 compatible... but I honestly don't remember what error nginx returned.

@WSWD Unfortunately not, all they said was that an error occurred during the change of my main domain, just like you said, and that it had been resolved.

But I'm just super happy that it's finally working. Been down for more than 6 days.

Top Bottom