1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$50,000 DLC....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slavik, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ll-feature-1-piece-of-dlc-costing-pound50000/

Cant say im not intregued! Wonder if anyone will actually buy the 50k chisel...

2. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I am sure someone will.

3. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

How much do you want to bet this "truly amazing, truly unique" thing will be neither of those?

This is already reminding me of that "I Am Rich" iOS app, which was nothing but a cash grab. All it did was just display the text "I'm rich" over and over again.

4. Static-Xbox

Static-Xbox Active Member

If Peter Molyneux is hyping it up, it's going to be extremely underwhelming. He loves to promote his companies' "groundbreaking" features, which always fall short of the mark or are entirely left out (Look at what was promised for Project Ego, which became Fable...then Fable II, and so on). I'm interested in how his new company gets on, but I doubt I'll be buying into anything they put out...

5. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Your topic title is misleading; £50 000 = $77 229 ;)

I guess whoever opens the box will figure out whether the cat is dead or not....

6. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

You'd be amazed at some of the things that people will spend money on, I am sure this will be no different.

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This is why he left Microsoft? To sell expensive videogame chisels? lmaoooo

8. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

<IF condition="sarcasm">
    well i have my eye on 2-3 of those £50.000 chisels...
    </else>
    :eek:
    </if>

8thos likes this.
  9. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

As a video game designer, I can tell you this is just the beginning of where we will go for DLC.

10. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Please don't, I've got enough $15 - $50 DLCs to pay for a couple of extra maps/side missions that after being purchased you can see they weren't even worth it :(

11. BlackJacket

As we grow even more intertwined with digital media, it is only a matter of time before digital goods become something of real value. In 20 years, there will be auctions for digital goods like those we currently have for art, collector cars, and other precious memorabilia.

12. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

As a gamer I still do not agree of how companies are doing things and I'll personally stop supporting them as long as they keep going, I might end up enjoying very little games but as long as I don't see those DLC's being worth it, I won't touch them.

13. BlackJacket

While we may not like it, it is the inevitable course of action studios are taking. What you may not find valuable, someone else will, and vica versa.

14. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Indeed, that's why I quiet enjoy Kickstarter, no need to go through publishers sticking DLCs down our throats. :)

BlackJacket likes this.