404 not found

surge

Hey,
I just moved my whole site to a new host.
I basically exported the database, downloaded all the files, uploaded all the files, imported the database, changed the config file.

Anyway now when I go to my forums on the new ip, the home page kind of works, but when you click on anything, it goes into a folder called /forums/ but that folder doesn't actually exist in the files, It's some kind of a virtual folder. Anyway I a getting 404 not found when it tries to go to the folder.

help please.

This is my original .htaccess file

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

What's your board URL at /admin.php?options/list/basicBoard
The above .htaccess has no information for a /forums/ virtual folder that you mentioned.

ab6047b225d2f4e333a3f75ecb72e3a6.png

so the boardurl is the magic invisible folder.

so I only copied over the public html folder, i am really tempted to copy over the other folders as well. should I?
c0b4c9d93a120669f8d7d3b7a85e4e65.png

so I only copied over the public html folder, i am really tempted to copy over the other folders as well. should I?
'www' is your root web directory.
..within 'www' you should have a 'forums' directory
...within the above 'forums' directory should be all your xenforo files and folders.

Last edited:
Surge,
The basic board URL should be pointed to the URL where the XenForo files are located.

Example:

If your site was called example.com and your XenForo files were located in the public_html/forums folder
then the basic board url would be: http://example.com/forums

If the XenForo files were located in the public_html folder then it would be
http://example.com/

If it's the URL listed against the license in your account then it's all working.

Top Bottom