XF 1.5 404 Errors on Every Page Besides Homepage

TylerHanavan

I installed XenForo in a non-root directory today after purchasing it. I went through the installation and everything installed fine as far as I could tell at the time.

The admin panel and all that works, and the homepage does too.

The installation is installed in the directory "/forums/". When there and click anything, I am presented with a 404 error. This happens regardless of having Friendly URLs enabled.

Also, when a new thread or category is made, instead of it being in "/forums/" its link will say "/forums/forums/".

I've tried a few different things over the past few hours... I don't know what else to do but ask here for help. Thanks in advanced.

It looks to me like you have enabled the "Use Full Friendly URLs" option.

If you disable that, the links should work.

You have installed your forum in the forums/ directory, and as we use the forums/ route to denote a forum URL, the /forums/forums link is expected. Your choice there is to either install the forum in a different directory, or use the Route Filters system in the Admin CP to change the second forums in the URL to something else.

e.g. Find Route: forums/
Replace Route: boards/

Would produce a link which reads "/forums/boards/". You can change it to whatever you like, but you can't remove it.

It could be one of several things - the .htaccess file is missing, mod_rewrite is not installed on the server, or overrides are not allowed.

For the first you can rename the htaccess.txt file in the directory where XF is installed, for the other two you would need to contact your host.

See here for more information: https://xenforo.com/help/friendly-urls/

Top Bottom