1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

403 Forbidden

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Andrew, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Me and my users (who use the FB login) recieve a 403 Forbidden error if we log out. When we visit the website again, it auto login, and then the error is shown.

When this page shows up, it has some kind of weird url. Here is the url it returns.

My guess is it has something to do with my .htaccess file.

Here is my .htaccess syntax

Note the syntax in the top portion (not originally added in the xenforo files).

DirectoryIndex index.php

I have had seo problems which is why I added that line (see here). If I don't add the "DirectoryIndex index.php" line, it shows my directory listing.

This is my xenforo root:

Mods/Plugins Installed:
    XenPorta (portal by jaxel)

Please help,
  2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Canvas URL and Secure Canvas URL are blank. What should they be?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Looking a the URL returned, the problem seems related to the portal add-on.

Why did you add the DirectoryIndex entry?
    That shouldn't be required as the index.php file should be loaded automatically.

If it isn't then that suggests your server isn't configured correctly.
  5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I get the same error when it auto logs-in from the "forum index/listing" page.
    To test again, Members page:
    I put "http://www.ultimategamingcentre.com/community/" for the canvas url (because my forum is not installed in my root directory) is that wrong (the /community/ part)?
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Okay i will give those instructions a try. It's weird though, if I disable the FB login the error stops. Actually I guess thats not weird. Haha.
  9. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

10. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Your error comes from facebook ... not from xenforo. Fix your settings, and it should work
  11. unkn0wn

unkn0wn Member