4 Questions before purchase

JonasD

Hi,

I am a longtime user of vBulletin for my websites but I'm now looking at alternatives and Xenforo seems to be the best forum package on the market currently. Before purchasing a license, I have a few questions.

1. I am considering translating the wording for the forum to Swedish. Is the forum capable of ascii characters, like åäö?

2. Is there a function or an addon that lets you have a robot-user that automatically posts links and snippets to news-stories from websites where you have set it to look for certain keyword(s)? Like the scavenger function in vBulletin4?

3. When purchasing a license in Europe it is stated that 20% VAT will be added, but I have a business with a VAT number in Sweden which I would like to use when purchasing the license. Could I remove the VAT by stating my VAT number and is there a field for stating your VAT number when purchasing a license?

4. Is there a mobile app planned for Xenforo, with similar functions as the mobile suite for vBulletin?

Thank you very much for helping me!

Best regards, Jonas

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it. I have sent the VAT question to Ashley via the form.
Yes, the function at #2 I was referring to was RSS. By customizing the RSS at vBulletin it was possible to pull in content from websites based on keywords, which the RSS-bot would then automatically post a snippet of (and with a link to the original source) to the forum.

Top Bottom