1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Questions before purchase

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by JonasD, Aug 22, 2013.

1. JonasD

JonasD Member

Hi,

I am a longtime user of vBulletin for my websites but I'm now looking at alternatives and Xenforo seems to be the best forum package on the market currently. Before purchasing a license, I have a few questions.

1. I am considering translating the wording for the forum to Swedish. Is the forum capable of ascii characters, like åäö?

2. Is there a function or an addon that lets you have a robot-user that automatically posts links and snippets to news-stories from websites where you have set it to look for certain keyword(s)? Like the scavenger function in vBulletin4?

3. When purchasing a license in Europe it is stated that 20% VAT will be added, but I have a business with a VAT number in Sweden which I would like to use when purchasing the license. Could I remove the VAT by stating my VAT number and is there a field for stating your VAT number when purchasing a license?

4. Is there a mobile app planned for Xenforo, with similar functions as the mobile suite for vBulletin?

Thank you very much for helping me!

Best regards, Jonas

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1. Yes.
    2. I am not aware of any add-on which does that.
    3. Contact Ashley via the form for any VAT/purchasing queries: Contact Us
    4. Mobile responsive design is built in - resize your browser to see the effect.

codycheyes and 3L33T like this.
  3. Freddie Agricola

Freddie Agricola Active Member

I believe #2 is talking about RSS.

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

åäö are not ASCII. They can however be represented in Unicode (which XenForo supports)

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but I've not seen an add on that selectively posts stories based on content to post.

Freddie Agricola likes this.
  6. JonasD

JonasD Member

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it. I have sent the VAT question to Ashley via the form.
    Yes, the function at #2 I was referring to was RSS. By customizing the RSS at vBulletin it was possible to pull in content from websites based on keywords, which the RSS-bot would then automatically post a snippet of (and with a link to the original source) to the forum.

7. 3L33T

3L33T New Member

AWESOME! I'm a new user and still familiarizing myself with XF. So far so good!

Robert F Schmitz likes this.