331 Forums and 31 Categories?

RileyC

Screen-Shot-2016-09-23-at-8.23.25-PM.png
I'm working on a new forum and has 331 Resorts and 31 Categories of locations. Wanting to know the best way to do this.

Trying to figure out the best way to display these without an user needing to scroll for miles down the page. :)

Hopefully this makes some sense.

Thanks!

Bill

Last edited:
I'm working on a new forum and has 331 Resorts and 31 Categories of locations. Wanting to know the best way to do this.
Might be best to create a forum for each primary geographical region these resorts are located in, instead of a forum for each particular resort.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the replies! I am not 100% sure how this would work. I did Google using "thread prefixes" and did not grasp how they would work. I did read the description on https://xenforo.com/help/thread-prefixes/ the Xenforo site too, but... I know I need to condense the site, but cannot figure out how to do that.
I recommend you just play around with them in the admin a bit. It's not difficult at all once you get the hang of it. You create a prefix and assign it to the forums/nodes you want it to be used on, then users can assign that prefix in the thread title field when creating a thread. If you want only certain users to be able to use certain prefixes, you can do that too. Prefixes are under the Applications tab in the admin.

And you might want to pick up this handy little addon too.

Top Bottom