1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

<3 XenForo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PacifistCC, Jan 2, 2011.

1. PacifistCC

PacifistCC Member

So, 2nd of Jan 2011: happy new year!11

I'm enjoying some good rum with coke, sometimes called Cuba Libre and play some Guild Wars (on Linux). Multitasking - even with the sequential-tasking-brain and booze in it - I am so proud of myself *cough*.

Because of the rum, I am not quite sure where to post it, so I'll go with off topic. Hope it's okay.

Today I had to fix a compromised (uploaded & executed PHP payload via an avatar picture) SMF forum, one I run. SMF sounds/looks/feels like a blast from the past to me and I came to the conclusion to replace it.

Even with my (not only) currently limited spatial capability and only a quick glance I came to realize that xenForo is most likely the thing to use. So far I love everything and as a professional programmer I recognize the beauty behind xenForo.

Once I have recovered from my December booze bills, you'll get yourself a customer/victim. As a side effect of this, I'll write an SMF -> xenForo importer/converter.

Please keep the good work up.
    Dragonfly likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. PacifistCC

PacifistCC Member

Very nice, thank you for the notice.
  4. PacifistCC

PacifistCC Member

I've noticed I can't edit the thread's title after a post, feature or optionally configurable? (I hate spelling mistakes, but sometimes they get through.)
  5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Only moderators can change thread titles..