3 Questions

John Scott

I tried the Xenforo Demo, but am still a bit in the dark on a few issues.

First, the Login with Google, FaceBook and Twitter. Is this a add-on or is it included in the package?

Second, the xenforo.com home page. Does the software come with the ability to create web pages like that as opposed to forum pages?

Third, the Xenoforo Resource Manager. The description says

the XenForo Resource Manager is an add-on that allows you to manage files, downloads, and article-like content within your forum.

The article-like content statement stands out. Let's say we have a forum for auto enthusiasts. One approach would put the forum in /community/ folder and then have a WordPress or Drupal blog in a separate location (/blog/) for car reviews.

The problem with that is that we need users to rate the cars from 1 to 5 stars. So I am wondering if there are instances of (examples of) the Resource Manager being used for reviews of products, not downloads or software? Basically, is there a list of examples of the Resource Manager in use?

Thanks in advance.

First, the Login with Google, FaceBook and Twitter. Is this a add-on or is it included in the package?
It's standard functionality.

Second, the xenforo.com home page. Does the software come with the ability to create web pages like that as opposed to forum pages?
That page is external to the software.
You can create page nodes, which would appear like this: https://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

A home page though would require custom development or an add-on.

Basically, is there a list of examples of the Resource Manager in use?
I'm not aware of one.
This is ours though: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/

One more question. Is it possible to change the quick reply format from the current style, where in order to quote text I need to click on Insert, then Quote, to a simpler format? I attached an image of the kind of Quick Reply I am hopping for.

Quote2.webp Quote2.webp

Hi guys,

I should say first that I am really impressed with Xenforo so far. It seems to be best supported forum software on the market.

The hang-up I have right now is that the "Post Reply" is less than obvious for users who are not logged in. When I visit Xenforo and am not logged in, I see this tiny text in the lower right:

Xenforo.webp

From a usability point of view, it is less than obvious, less welcoming of new replies. Now, if the users are familiar with Xenforo that isn't an issue. It isn't an issue for, say, DP, because something like 100% of the users are internet savvy. But the forum I have in mind targets a market that is less than versed in forum usage.

When I visit a vBulletin 3 forum and am not logged in, I see this:

vBulletin Post Reply.webp

This seems a bit more intuitive, and welcoming of replies. Is it possible to replace the text with a more obvious and inviting "Post Reply" button?

Top Bottom