24 hours offer after 1.0 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

random

Hi,

My suggestion is to run a 24 hours offer after releasing 1.0 so we can get it for US$100 like in the pre-sale.

Thank you,
Jonathan

Hi,

My suggestion is to run a 24 hours offer after releasing 1.0 so we can get it for US$100 like in the pre-sale.

Thank you,
Jonathan
Stop creating threads about this??
This is the Xth thread about "giving another special offer" and it has been declined EVERY TIME!

What makes you think this thread is gonne change about it?
You missed your shot... Foobar... Life continues and the price stays at $140...

If the guys raise and lower the price constantly it would open them up to a lot of the same criticism IB got when they started playing games with prices, pre-sales and licensing terms.

A better way forward would be a schedule for discounts on multiple purchases at one time or offer a discount to existing customers based on how many licenses they have already purchased to give them an incentive since they are repeat customers.

I can't wait to see the announcement saying:

Thank you early adopters for the $99 alpha/beta testing from the start.
And thank you beta testers for the $140 beta/rc testing up until this point.

It has resulted in a product worth $249 now, now that it's stable. Enjoy!

They don't go up at this point, obviously .. why would they go down?

You just saying that, is reason to delete Your post, while the thread can continue.
I guess: leave the modding to the mods, who will soon close this thread Anyway,
smile.png

You just saying that, is reason to delete Your post, while the thread can continue.
I guess: leave the modding to the mods, who will soon close this thread Anyway,
smile.png
I know, I wasn't serious :P
His previous thread got locked for it, so it should be a shame not to do this one.

Well yeah, true, we all live in a country with the freedom of speech.
Actually, you signed the terms of services, which void the freedom of speech, unless it's specifically mentioned. You're in someone else their house, and agreed to certain rules prior to entry. And your statement had nothing to do with politics. < grin >

Actually, you signed the terms of services, which void the freedom of speech, unless it's specifically mentioned. You're in someone else their house, and agreed to certain rules prior to entry. And your statement had nothing to do with politics. < grin >
I'm not in the mood for a discussion about rules, it's always so boring :(

I am not trying to discuss the rules, just explaining that freedom of speech in my opinion doesn't apply as an argument hehe.

Agreed. Free speech is only guaranteed by the government in certain countries that offer it. (You will not be legally penalized for speaking your mind.) Once you are in a "private enterprise," whether is be a company you work for, a store you shop in, or a forum that you visit, free speech no longer applies. This issue has been one that, as a forum or list moderator for 15+ years, we have always struggled over members with. (And I know you can relate to that!) These same members also struggle with the concept that free speech means, "I can say anything I want to." They're usually the one who push the limits and get banned. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom