1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Fall Photos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peggy, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Fall has come a wee bit early to NE Ohio this year. The trees usually don't start changing colors here til mid-October. Mama Nature is having fun with us again.

I had to go downtown this morning, and took a pic with my iPhone. Beautiful trees!

[​IMG]

Dragonfly, Jethro, Doctor and 2 others like this.
  2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Last night whilst walking the dogs I noticed that there was slight scattering of leaves on the floor already.

I wonder if we'll have a decent, proper winter again this year.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I just took this pic of a leaf from the massive maple tree (at least I think it's a maple?) in our backyard.

[​IMG]

4. John

John Well-Known Member

We're starting to see changing leaves here in East Tennessee as well. I'll get some shots up soon...although I've been told this season will be lackluster due to the extreme heat and drought we experienced this summer. Hope not!

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I rather doubt it John. In my experience, it's usually "the hotter the summer, the colder the winter". And with Fall coming early like this, I think we're in for it.
    Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I look forward to seeing your pics. :)

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Last one for today. This is a pic I took after work last weekend, of a tree just outside the building. See the pretty reds and pinks?
    Those are the outlines of the green leaves, not flowers.

[​IMG]

Jo. and Doctor like this.
  7. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

I wish we got fall color like that here. Nice shots, Peggy. :)

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Thanks Kat. It's only beginning. When fall really sets in, the colors are brilliant and astounding.
    I'll be taking lots more pics.

9. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Some of my plants down here are calling it quits early too, a little unusual really. :confused:

10. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Naturally we're leaping into spring like new born lambs ... okay we are left wondering about bush fires, will water restrictions lead to dead gardens, and whether or not the NRL mad Monday can throw up something truly memorable this year ... only two arrests thus far, the Mungo boys are slipping in 2010.

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Beautiful pics Peggy, I love Autumn, it is my favourite time of year here.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not exactly a fall autumn photo as such but this is a little visitor who used to tap on my study window all the time in the autumn so I could provide him with nuts which he would then bury ready for the following spring.

Cute, isn't he? :D

003.jpg

13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Cute :D

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

omg just loooook at those precious blue eyes. Brogan he is adorable!!!

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not as adorable as this :D

015.JPG

Apologies, this is going off topic now, so I'll refrain from posting any more non-autumn shots.

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

aawwwww now that's just sweet. But I have to disagree. The squirrel is cuter.

Don't worry about the topic. I'm enjoying the pics.

17. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Squirrel FTW!

18. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

19. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

the_birds.jpg

skhms and Jethro like this.
  20. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member