2 x VB Converted - Whoo Hoo

Anthony Parsons

I have now got two forums converted over to XF... and extremely pleased. So pleased that I celebrated by putting 2x 4.x suite licenses on Floris website for sale...

If there was a Jfusion bridge, and import for blog and cms content, my main site would be gone... its just so slow and a real hindrance on server resources. 400 - 500 online averages and 4.x software seriously drags the hell out of the poor ServInt VPS to the point I am nearly having to upgrade packages again just because of that one site. No doubt running the same site with XF and the overall costs would be far cheaper. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

:D Hurry up mod community and extra product releases... I want to be rid of VB for good. :D

I posted one in the show us your xf thread, but they are:

http://sexabuse.ptsdforum.org (This is another ladies site that I merely fund, brand new... was started with VB and stopped within hours of XF releasing a soon release date)

http://combat.ptsdforum.org is for combat vets. (a new venture I headed into last year)

Once XF is more established, then I want to get http://www.ptsdforum.org over to XF.

Both stock at present, until such time as more bridges are released... time permits... just wanted to get them live.

Really looking forward to jfusion integrating with XF... because then I can run a full CMS with rockettheme templates that completely integrate XF without me having to customise XF to suit, then suffer during upgrades with template changes.

Great new Anthony. I agree, the mod community needs to move their perky little asses and post more add-ons. :p

I suspect that the reason that there isn't a fast release rate is because they are heavily in developing large scripts that is taking time. It's times like this when you wish some people would sprout out an extra two arms. lol

Anthony, you sure have some "unique forum themes" that few will venture into, so you will have little competition from other forums.

Anthony, you sure have some "unique forum themes" that few will venture into, so you will have little competition from other forums.
Yes... most of my forums are around mental health, abnormal trauma, working with veterans, etc. I do local charity work as well when time permits. I want to do more with homeless in the coming years... I think that would be satisfying so that they have something more, maybe even some want help to shift away from being homeless and into society... some like it that way, to them their not homeless, but free. It is one area though I am keen to shift into in the coming years much more.

And no... I'm not a saint, just ask my wife. I do like to give back though and help those less fortunate. If all these massive companies stripped their profit and gave to the poor, we would have no poverty. But that's a whole other realm of thinking that will never occur.

Maybe next it will be a forum for those who wear no shoes or post without clothes on Anthony ??

I don't think there is a large audience there, or maybe there is a hidden potential I don't know about.

Great new Anthony. I agree, the mod community needs to move their perky little asses and post more add-ons. :p

I suspect that the reason that there isn't a fast release rate is because they are heavily in developing large scripts that is taking time. It's times like this when you wish some people would sprout out an extra two arms. lol
I'm thinking it's more because xf is in beta1. Once we move up a few versions, I'm betting we'll see a whole lot more activity in the modding community. ;)

Maybe next it will be a forum for those who wear no shoes or post without clothes on Anthony ??

I don't think there is a large audience there, or maybe there is a hidden potential I don't know about.
I wasn't talking about homeless in regards to a forum... hence why that came after "local charity work".

Maybe you target audiences for popularity or wealth... but they are not my motives. Not sure why you really have anything to say about my motives though.

Anthony, I was poking fun at myself and Kier, not your motives.

You have come up with some novel ideas for forum themes, it goes to show that a forum can be started on almost any subject imaginable, so it was a compliment to you with an inside joke mixed in.

Yes... most of my forums are around mental health, abnormal trauma, working with veterans, etc. I do local charity work as well when time permits. I want to do more with homeless in the coming years... I think that would be satisfying so that they have something more, maybe even some want help to shift away from being homeless and into society... some like it that way, to them their not homeless, but free. It is one area though I am keen to shift into in the coming years much more.

And no... I'm not a saint, just ask my wife. I do like to give back though and help those less fortunate. If all these massive companies stripped their profit and gave to the poor, we would have no poverty. But that's a whole other realm of thinking that will never occur.

Hmmm, I need to look at your forums. An event happened once that caused me to find forums by accident. It actually had a lot of stress involved. Perhaps there is something I can learn from it. I was also homeless once as as well....after my incident.

Top Bottom