1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 x VB Converted - Whoo Hoo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anthony Parsons, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I have now got two forums converted over to XF... and extremely pleased. So pleased that I celebrated by putting 2x 4.x suite licenses on Floris website for sale...

If there was a Jfusion bridge, and import for blog and cms content, my main site would be gone... its just so slow and a real hindrance on server resources. 400 - 500 online averages and 4.x software seriously drags the hell out of the poor ServInt VPS to the point I am nearly having to upgrade packages again just because of that one site. No doubt running the same site with XF and the overall costs would be far cheaper. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

:D Hurry up mod community and extra product releases... I want to be rid of VB for good. :D
  2. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

How are they running for you?

Can you show us your sites?
  3. Anthony Parsons

I posted one in the show us your xf thread, but they are:

http://sexabuse.ptsdforum.org (This is another ladies site that I merely fund, brand new... was started with VB and stopped within hours of XF releasing a soon release date)

http://combat.ptsdforum.org is for combat vets. (a new venture I headed into last year)

Once XF is more established, then I want to get http://www.ptsdforum.org over to XF.

Both stock at present, until such time as more bridges are released... time permits... just wanted to get them live.

Really looking forward to jfusion integrating with XF... because then I can run a full CMS with rockettheme templates that completely integrate XF without me having to customise XF to suit, then suffer during upgrades with template changes.
    CurveGotti and jonsidneyb like this.
  4. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

My oh my.... oh my.... when Anthony says he's moving his forums to XF, you know the sky is falling... nice job.
    DoctorWatsOn and Peggy like this.
  5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Way to go Anthony :)
  6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Good one :)
  7. Anthony Parsons

Changing software is always a learning curve, especially when I have to learn as well as teach other admins who are not as software oriented, how to use it... interesting, slow learning for everyone, but much better IMHO.
  8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT move Anthony! You'll not be sorry. ;)
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Great new Anthony. I agree, the mod community needs to move their perky little asses and post more add-ons. :p

I suspect that the reason that there isn't a fast release rate is because they are heavily in developing large scripts that is taking time. It's times like this when you wish some people would sprout out an extra two arms. lol
  10. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Anthony, you sure have some "unique forum themes" that few will venture into, so you will have little competition from other forums.
  11. Anthony Parsons

Yes... most of my forums are around mental health, abnormal trauma, working with veterans, etc. I do local charity work as well when time permits. I want to do more with homeless in the coming years... I think that would be satisfying so that they have something more, maybe even some want help to shift away from being homeless and into society... some like it that way, to them their not homeless, but free. It is one area though I am keen to shift into in the coming years much more.

And no... I'm not a saint, just ask my wife. I do like to give back though and help those less fortunate. If all these massive companies stripped their profit and gave to the poor, we would have no poverty. But that's a whole other realm of thinking that will never occur.
  12. AnthonyCea

Maybe next it will be a forum for those who wear no shoes or post without clothes on Anthony ??

I don't think there is a large audience there, or maybe there is a hidden potential I don't know about.
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's more because xf is in beta1. Once we move up a few versions, I'm betting we'll see a whole lot more activity in the modding community. ;)
  14. Anthony Parsons

I wasn't talking about homeless in regards to a forum... hence why that came after "local charity work".

Maybe you target audiences for popularity or wealth... but they are not my motives. Not sure why you really have anything to say about my motives though.
  15. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

any reason my post was deleted?
  16. Anthony Parsons

No idea Hannah... weird.
  17. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

You're looking good Anthony! Both sites.
  18. AnthonyCea

Anthony, I was poking fun at myself and Kier, not your motives.

You have come up with some novel ideas for forum themes, it goes to show that a forum can be started on almost any subject imaginable, so it was a compliment to you with an inside joke mixed in.
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  19. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I need to look at your forums. An event happened once that caused me to find forums by accident. It actually had a lot of stress involved. Perhaps there is something I can learn from it. I was also homeless once as as well....after my incident.
  20. Anthony Parsons

Cheers... sorry, I obviously interpreted wrong. My doing, my fault, my apologies. I actually do know better and usually do clarify... was just rushed at points today when on here with other things going on.