XF 2.2 2.2.0 B2 - cmd.php xf:upgrade - inactive add-on (XF)

Mouth

Upgrading from v1.5.24 to 2.2.0B2.

Disabled all add-on's except official xF RM and ES
Changed style to default
Unzipped install files and copied /upload/ into root dir of test installation

From server command line, within root dir of test installation, running "php cmd.php xf:upgrade" gives an immediate error of ...
This command belongs to an inactive add-on (XF). You must activate this add-on before running this command. (white text on red background)

php version is 7.4.9

Browser @ /install/index.php?upgrade/ gave me more insight - "The required PHP extension GD could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension."

After installing php7.4-gd and trying cli upgrade again ("php cmd.php xf:upgrade") still gave the same error.

After downloading and placing src/config.php and being prompted by the browser upgrade page to use cli upgrade ("php cmd.php xf:upgrade") still gave the same error.

Last edited:
Approx. 9-10 mins into the Browser based upgrade, I get an error ....

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1205]: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 322
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php at line 85
  6. XF\Install\Upgrade\AbstractUpgrade->tableColumnsToJson() in src/XF/Install/InstallHelperTrait.php at line 43
  7. XF\Install\Upgrade\AbstractUpgrade->entityColumnsToJson() in src/XF/Install/Upgrade/2010010-210a.php at line 461
  8. XF\Install\Upgrade\Version2010010->step18() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 175
  9. XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2298
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 459
  15. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14
mysqld process on my server still appears busily processing (98% CPU usage) the upgrade task, even mins after the above error.

After the mysqld process finished (its CPU usage dropped down to normal ~5%) approx 8 mins later, refreshed the browser page ( /install/index.php?upgrade/run ) and upgrade back on track. Currently ...

Upgrading... 2.1.0 Alpha, Step 18 ( xxxxxx / xxxxxxx )

From server command line, within root dir of test installation, running "php cmd.php xf:upgrade" gives an immediate error of ...
This command belongs to an inactive add-on (XF). You must activate this add-on before running this command. (white text on red background)
This is fixed already in the next release. See this thread and workaround here:

I'm sure the rest of the upgrade will resume although if you have an opportunity to start the upgrade from scratch patching the CLI bug and using the CLI may be preferable.

I'm sure the rest of the upgrade will resume although if you have an opportunity to start the upgrade from scratch patching the CLI bug and using the CLI may be preferable.
Thanks, but probably not worth me trying again until I'm also able to complete the upgrade's of RM and ES (seperate bugs submitted for each).

Last edited:
This is fixed already in the next release. See this thread and workaround here:

This workaround does not resolve the issue. I reset my DEV environment back to v1.5, uploaded the 2.2B2 files, changed the src/XF/Cli/Runner.php on line 150, ran cli upgrade ("php cmd.php xf:upgrade") again, but still get the same failure result.

Ah I think that makes sense now I think about it when going from 1.5 because we don't have an add-on cache yet...

On line 123 of the same file is:

PHP:
$commandAddOn &&

Please change that to the following and try again:

PHP:
$commandAddOn && $commandAddOn !== 'XF' &&

Please change that to the following and try again
Thanks, that worked. Still got the message of:
Cannot start upgrade without a src/config.php file.
Please use the web interface to create the correct src/config.php file.

... after creating the src/config.php as directed, cli upgrade is underway.

Top Bottom