XF 2.0 2.1 upgrade

Somehow the test site has broken the actual site which now appears on maintenance mode. I have deleted the test site. Reloaded the backup of the site and also the db but it's still broken. I will contact Xenforo for help.

Somehow the test site has broken the actual site which now appears on maintenance mode. I have deleted the test site. Reloaded the backup of the site and also the db but it's still broken. I will contact Xenforo for help.

Sounds like you didn't edit the config.php file to point at the new cloned database and it upgraded the database for the live site

Thanks Jake, I hear what you are saying but I definately did edit the config file with the correct db details.

It's working now with some errors. I'm not sure if it was just a matter of the system taking a bit of time to update or my request for help with XF support and they did some magic behind the scenes. If I find out I'll advise here. The errors showing in the logs have to do with "likes". Also with the members drop down list in the navigation which doesn't show members, only showing the line "member_stat.highest_reaction_score" instead of a list of members - but that doesn't seem to show in the logs.

Thanks everyone for your help and input. It was a bit of a panic - it's a bit stressful upgrading the site with the newer version, but having done it once now hopefully will be less so next time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom