Fixed Clicking calendar icon for date input doesn't open the calendar

Jake B.

Affected version
2.1.x
I would expect clicking the icon on a date input would open calendar so you could select a date, however this doesn't appear to be the case:

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 8.44.48 AM.webp

We only intend to trigger the calendar when the input is entered. The icon is just to signify that it is a calendar input and isn’t designed to serve any purpose other than decoration.

What would the downsides be for allowing that to be clicked? I can't really imagine that there are any, and it'd definitely help with consistency if this input icon component served a functional purpose when it's used (similar to the one on the password field and number input). There isn't really any sort of indication of whether or not the icon is functional or decorative, especially on mobile when there is no hover state

There's no significant downsides to implementing it, nor are there particularly significant upsides. I'd rather we spend our time adding stability and functionality to the software rather than making superficial changes. Especially when those changes are essentially suggestions, and not actual bugs.

But if it is so absolutely crucial.

Hi Chris,

I completely agree with Jake on this. I often click the icon first as that seams to be the logical place to click if you want to bring up the calendar. I suspect many XenForo users also do the same. Please make the icon a link.

Thank you.

Top Bottom