📲 XenForo native mobile app for Android and iOS - Appify.mobi (XenForo 2.0 & 2.1) 🔥 [Deleted]

I will add more screenshots and videos so you guys can understand, this is a native XenForo mobile app, not a wrapped webview 📱

Okay. This is interesting. Please let us know how it looks. A true native application is good. And the more it uses API the better the compatibility is likely to be. Also, what happens if I stop paying the monthly fee?

Good to finally see some competition in this sector. I agree with the sentiments that the monthly price does put this out of reach from most but the largest board owners. I would reinforce the suggestion of volume based pricing but a realistic one as 25 seats is really not useful for anything but a demo. Perhaps a ~500 user free tier (this would entice small boards), ~2000 user mid tier (~20-30$ month), ~20k user gold tier and an unlimited tier at current pricing. You really WANT people to use your app even if you lose money on it initially as you will make it back when some of these boards grow eventually.

Maybe have an unlimited free version but with ads.

You can also offer complete app customization as a paid service for a one time fee or leave option to the board owner to generate some revenue.

Also no point in segmenting android and ios. No board owner will ever exclude a platform outside of maybe parts of South Asia where ios is not particularly popular.

@Jean-Baptiste

Last edited:
Looks very interesting.

Are users required to register in native xenforo ? (i see no register option for your app).

When i click on threads in your app, it seems to go to the bottom of the thread ? as a guest i think it should go to the first post.

Good to finally see some competition in this sector. I agree with the sentiments that the monthly price does put this out of reach from most but the largest board owners. I would reinforce the suggestion of volume based pricing but a realistic one as 25 seats is really not useful for anything but a demo. Perhaps a ~500 user free tier (this would entice small boards), ~2000 user mid tier (~20-30$ month), ~20k user gold tier and an unlimited tier at current pricing. You really WANT people to use your app even if you lose money on it initially as you will make it back when some of these boards grow eventually.

You can also offer complete app customization as a paid service for a one time fee or leave option to the board owner to generate some revenue.

Also no point in segmenting android and ios. No board owner will ever exclude a platform outside of maybe parts of South Asia where ios is not particularly popular.

@Jean-Baptiste

I agree with you, a good business model is the key to success. Thanks for sharing your point of view, I will think about what you guys sais and will update the pricing tomorrow 🙂

The goal of this was because it’s difficult to get in the Apple store, and if we have thousands of boards with a similar forum app, I was afraid Apple start rejecting new forum apps...
Android doesn’t have this validation.
But I agree with you, and I don’t think many of us will afoard the Apple dev licence, so there isn’t any reason to segment.

View attachment 198901

Small glitch. Back is cut off on the bottom.

iphone 7 plus.
ios 12

Ok I will fix this, thanks 😊

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, much appreciated 📱🙏

Testing things out right now. Got 2 remarks:

1) After installing the add-on the option "Advertize app download..." returns an error:
Code:
Error: Call to undefined method Appify\Service\Appify::getFeatures() in src/addons/Appify/Service/Appify.php at line 773

Appify\Service\Appify->pmAdMessage() in src/addons/Appify/XF/Admin/Controller/User.php at line 21
    Appify\XF\Admin\Controller\User->actionMessage() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "/admin.php?users/message&appify_default_message=true"
  ["referrer"] => string(56) "https://...../admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["users/message"] => string(0) ""
    ["appify_default_message"] => string(4) "true"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
2) The first generated apk worked well. Made some changes in the dashboard and created another apk, that won't install.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

As requested, the pricing was updated, here is the new pricing plan :
  1. Free - Android & iOS small board - limited to 500 app users
  2. 0.7€ per day (20€ per month) - Android & iOS medium board - limited to 1500 app users
  3. 1.6€ per day (49€ per month) - Android & iOS premium - limited to 5000 app users
  4. 2€ per day (59€ per month) - Android & iOS unlimited - unlimited app users
Thanks again for your feedbacks, we truly appreciate it. It's the only way for us to build a great product, usefull for your communities.

And here is a preview 🎥, so you can see it's not a webview but a full native iOS & Android app :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

s-IMG_0549.PNG
s-IMG_0551.PNG
s-IMG_0552.PNG
s-IMG_0553.PNG
s-IMG_0554.PNG
s-IMG_0555.PNG
s-IMG_0557.PNG

1) After installing the add-on the option "Advertize app download..." returns an error:

Fixed in the 10.37.00 release !

2) The first generated apk worked well. Made some changes in the dashboard and created another apk, that won't install.

Is there any errors ?
Did you know that unless you changed the logo or the splashscreen, you do not need to download the app back.
It will be updated "other the air", you just have to restart your mobile app and TADA, the new version is downloaded :)

Great to see more sensible pricing.
Hello guys,

As requested, the pricing was updated, here is the new pricing plan :
  1. Free - Android & iOS small board - limited to 500 app users
  2. 0.7€ per day (20€ per month) - Android & iOS medium board - limited to 1500 app users
  3. 1.6€ per day (49€ per month) - Android & iOS premium - limited to 5000 app users
  4. 2€ per day (59€ per month) - Android & iOS unlimited - unlimited app users
Thanks again for your feedbacks, we truly appreciate it. It's the only way for us to build a great product, usefull for your communities.

And here is a preview 🎥, so you can see it's not a webview but a full native iOS & Android app :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

s-IMG_0549.PNG
s-IMG_0551.PNG
s-IMG_0552.PNG
s-IMG_0553.PNG
s-IMG_0554.PNG
s-IMG_0555.PNG
s-IMG_0557.PNG

Great to see you taking feedback seriously. I'll have to give this a go. The fact that you're actively working on a roadmap is encouraging.

I'll give this a go. I'm running another mobile app so it'll be a good comparison. You'll get lots of feedback lol :)

Do you have hooks for Google analytics for usage tracking? How is publishing to the Apple appstore managed?

Fixed in the 10.37.00 release !
Version 10.37.00 fixed the error, thanks.

Is there any errors ?
Did you know that unless you changed the logo or the splashscreen, you do not need to download the app back.
It will be updated "other the air", you just have to restart your mobile app and TADA, the new version is downloaded :)
No, no errors. Just "App not installed". Tried to capture something with logcat but can't seem to find the actual error.
I deleted my old app to test the new one but because I can't install the apk I cannot test any more ;(

The log in the dashboard also suggests that there is no new apk generated (same name and version). Even though I changed a few options...

Can this also be setup by any chance to also display WordPress as well? A long shot for sure but thought I’d ask. We’re running Themehouse Xpress bridge and would like to show all.

Top Bottom