100 % design customization possible ?

rvnorth

Hi,

I am very interested in getting Xenforo now when it is integrated with Digital Access Pass membership software.
I am creating a new site and have just started to contact designers to design it.
I also wish the forum to be designed by them, is this possible or is there any limitations ?

I think I saw skins available for the forum, is it allowed to use those as a starting point if it would suit me ?

Is it possible to remove certain things a forum member can use; could I remove the possibility to post pictures, videos, polls etc ?

I am a bit afraid of future complications (updates, conflicts etc) but Xenforo seems awesome and I am now considering excluding membership software DAP and Wordpress to make everything simpler. I saw that there was a plugin to make a Xenforo homepage that is not the forum. I have also seen that there is just page options where I can just exclude the forum and build a page just like in wordpress. I need to go and read a lot of more sections in here to learn more, thanks for ALL the great inputs (y)

Maybe there is a Xenforo vs WP thread in here, will search for it, very interesting.

That 1.2 version seems to be a simplifier even if I dont understand it completely, wonder how far off before release ?

Check the styles on my site. They aren't outstanding or anything but each style has never took me longer than a couple of minutes to update during xenforo upgrades. Chances are when xenforo upgrades come, your designer will fly through updating them. It's one part of xenforo that really does excel with it's uneventful updates each and everytime.

I am a bit afraid of future complications (updates, conflicts etc) but Xenforo seems awesome and I am now considering excluding membership software DAP and Wordpress to make everything simpler. I saw that there was a plugin to make a Xenforo homepage that is not the forum. I have also seen that there is just page options where I can just exclude the forum and build a page just like in wordpress. I need to go and read a lot of more sections in here to learn more, thanks for ALL the great inputs (y)

Maybe there is a Xenforo vs WP thread in here, will search for it, very interesting.

That 1.2 version seems to be a simplifier even if I dont understand it completely, wonder how far off before release ?
I would look at what you and your customers/users actually need vs. a massive customization and rewriting of the software. Just because you CAN make major changes doesn't mean you MUST make them.

If you and a few staff members will be the only writers on your homepage, then it may not be necessary to install the Wordpress-XenForo bridge or make extensive modifications.

I have tried to understand if I can only use Xenforo for my needs but I still dont really know.
Very difficult to understand all features even when using the "demo". Think I have to forget about Xenforo.
I will have to use many different softwares anyway it seems so bbpress+WP+DAP. Very sad...

There is no way to charge users UPFRONT to access Xenforo. The way it works now, the person has to register as a free member then they have to UPGRADE to a paid membership. The checkout process is cumbersome and you will lose a lot of people.

If you want to charge users UPFRONT to access your forum and have them pay/register at the same time, then you will have to create an addon for this. I don't know of any at the moment. But, billing is a major issue and Xenforo isn't set up for any sort of membership site paid access.

If anyone knows how to bill UPFRONT when an account is registered, please post below.

Top Bottom