XF 1.5 1.5.6 Upgrade = Server Error 500?

I see this on your site:
The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • The required PHP extension MySQLi could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension.
  • The required PHP extension GD could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension.
  • The required PHP extensions for XML handling (DOM and SimpleXML) could not be found. Please ask your host to install these extensions.
Please correct these errors and try again.

Are you installing or upgrading?

You would never have been able to install in the first place with those errors.

I'm receiving the same 500 error when trying to upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.6. Any thoughts? My URL is http:/www.simheads.com

Oh and no Server Error Logs to report.
Ok, now I went to the install URL and it says I've already upgraded to 1.5.6?? It asks if I want to do a fresh install or rebuild master data. I've chosen rebuild master data and I'm waiting for the process to finish.

Ok, now I went to the install URL and it says I've already upgraded to 1.5.6?? It asks if I want to do a fresh install or rebuild master data. I've chosen rebuild master data and I'm waiting for the process to finish.
Okay got the same error when trying to Rebuild Master Data. Any thoughts?

When looking at Admin pages, there are no server errors. I did merge one outdated template. When I run File Health Check I get the below file issue (addon). Please let me know what you recommend I do next to ensure the upgrade was successful.

upload_2016-2-29_13-35-20.webp

The server error log, not the ACP error log.

If you don't know how to check it or you are on shared hosting, you can contact your host.

Perhaps logging is disabled?

As a 500 error is so generic, without some form of log entry it's virtually impossible to say what's causing it.

My host is planning to move me to a new server, but I haven't heard back on if the server has error logging enabled.

Does this mean the upgrade was successful or do I still need to check the logs?

upload_2016-2-29_15-16-55.webp

Is the site working?

If it is and errors aren't being generated under normal use then you likely don't need to do anything.

Otherwise ask your host to enable logging and to check the server error log once the error has been triggered.

The site seems to be working. Once my site is moved, I plan to upgrade again. Can I just hit rebuild master data or do I need to do a fresh install to accomplish this task?

I'll turn on server logging if I run into an issue when I upgrade again.

Top Bottom