XF 1.5 1.5.23 upgrade to latest and greatest

jar546

The IT guy I have been using for years is apprehensive to move the forum to the most recent version in the 2.0 range and has been since it came out a few years ago. I am now having some issues with Google AdSense ads overlaying on top of threads on some pages. I have to refresh until it clears. I don't want to change adsense settings because I will lose money. I don't know if an upgrade will fix this BUT I am thinking maybe it is time.

When I move from Vbulletin to Xenforo 3-4 years ago my adsense money was a 1/4th of what is was and it took 2 years to get back to the same and now I am in a good position so I am concerned that my Adsense will suffer if I upgrade ti 2.0. Is there a Xenforo service that will do this for me without having issues like losing money again for years?

We have an official upgrade service but it only covers the core software.

Upgrading from XF1 to XF2 is a major upgrade - no existing add-ons or styles will work so you will need to set up the ads again.

Spam control is of major importance too. We have been around for 10+ years and need to stay current. What about my subscribers who pay through Paypal? Will that transfer over or will my IPNs be screwed up again like when they were with the change from Vbulletin to Xenforo?

As above, we only upgrade the core software.

We don't touch add-ons or styles, so if you are looking for a turnkey solution, you would need to go with a third party.

Otherwise you can purchase the upgrade service from your customer account.

So I have to have someone create the style and then update the ad-ons and you just do the core changeover (I am on AWS). OK thanks.
I will be OK with my paid subscriptions with Paypal and my Google AdSense should be unchanged.

Top Bottom