Not a bug 1.5.20a upgrade issue- have to accept privacy policy twice

tommydamic68

Affected version
1.5.20a
Hello- after the upgrade, when accepting the privacy policy- it forces me to accept (check the box) and save twice before it lets me continue. Also, is there a way to have a "link" on the page to the privacy policy so the member can read before accepting?

The privacy policy does show on the acceptance page, so something isn't right on your forum if it's not showing.

Try disabling all add-ons and testing in a completely unedited default theme to just to check that there are no issues there, then enable things one by one to see where the problem lies.

The privacy policy does show on the acceptance page, so something isn't right on your forum if it's not showing.

Try disabling all add-ons and testing in a completely unedited default theme to just to check that there are no issues there, then enable things one by one to see where the problem lies.
Its showing but you have to check the box twice to have it accept the terms.

We'd probably have to see this in action.

You're the only person reporting this and we cannot reproduce it ourselves so I'm not certain how this could be happening.

If you force acceptance of both Terms and Rules and Privacy Policy then you will have to accept each one. The forms look similar, though clearly one says "Terms and Rules" and the other says "Privacy Policy". I'm not sure if it's that which you're referring to?

We'd probably have to see this in action.

You're the only person reporting this and we cannot reproduce it ourselves so I'm not certain how this could be happening.

If you force acceptance of both Terms and Rules and Privacy Policy then you will have to accept each one. The forms look similar, though clearly one says "Terms and Rules" and the other says "Privacy Policy". I'm not sure if it's that which you're referring to?
I.ll try it again and see if it does it and if so do a screen capture.

I thought I had the same problem, then I realised that it's asking once for the privacy policy, and again for the forum rules. The problem is, the rules and privacy policy are both on the same page, so people are being forced to go through the process twice instead of once.

So I thought the solution would be to turn off the request to accept the rules, but it seems that once you've turned it on, there's no way to turn it off again. Is there a setting I've not found?

To be honest, they're quite different things, so they don't really belong on the same page. My recommendation would be to separate them, which should also solve the problem.

It's possible to reset the value, but it's currently hidden away.

You would need to enable debug mode in config.php:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

And then go to Options > Debug options.

In there, set whichever one you want to reset to a value of 0. That will prevent any users being asked to accept that one.

After that, go back into config.php and set:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = false;

I thought I had the same problem, then I realised that it's asking once for the privacy policy, and again for the forum rules. The problem is, the rules and privacy policy are both on the same page, so people are being forced to go through the process twice instead of once.

So I thought the solution would be to turn off the request to accept the rules, but it seems that once you've turned it on, there's no way to turn it off again. Is there a setting I've not found?
Yes, this was the issue.

That is a good suggestion and would actually be consistent with the register form which has just one checkbox but different labels depending on if there is only a privacy policy, only terms and rules or both.

It is weird to ask for TOS and PP seperately one after the other. It should be combined into one page if both are requested.
Yes it is strange its that way, I don't recall ever having to except multiple requests of any kind on any other websites. Maybe they will entertain combining them @Chris D

Top Bottom