Duplicate [1.4] Comment like

imthebest

Now that profile posts are getting a lot of light than ever before I think it's A MUST to have the ability to like comments on profile posts in 1.4 otherwise people will answer profile posts with stuff like "like it", "thank you", "+1", "i agree" and so which is not useful at all.

I know there is an add-on that currently does that but it's not working that good with 1.4.0

Please devs think about it... so minor addition that will not cause any compatibility problems but will add a lot of VALUE to the profile posts functionality.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well I put the prefix [1.4] to focus on this new release... since we are in Beta and minor additions are being added I think it's the perfect time to implement this!

Well I put the prefix [1.4] to focus on this new release... since we are in Beta and minor additions are being added I think it's the perfect time to implement this!

This is neither a good time nor a minor addition lol.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/profilecommentlikes.80239/ - bolded important parts.
In response to this new trend (cough @Sheldon cough): this is unlikely to change in the 1.x series now that v2 has been announced. When comments (for reports and profile posts) were made, they were done so with a design flaw. They weren't made a content type which seriously handicaps them. You can't add a like handler to them, you can't add permissions to them directly (the comment related permissions are actually connected to profile posts, not comments), you couldn't add an attachment handler even if you wanted to, you can't add a reporthandler, searchhandler, anything really.

Thanks for the explanation, @Daniel Hood.

I suspected that we wouldn't get profile comment likes in 1.4 anyway - the devs don't really add anything to a beta release and third point releases are generally for bug fixes only.

It does seem odd that they didn't cater for profile comment likes before, when you can like posts and profile posts it just seems odd to not be able to like comments.

Hopefully this will be added to 2.0. In the mean time, we can give a clear indication to the devs that it's something we really want by liking the suggestion here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/like-profile-comments.3981/

Top Bottom