XF 1.3 1.3.2 upgrade after closing the browser window while upgrading

Marcus

I closed the browser window by accident while upgrading. I could not access admin.php, and on domain.com only a "this community is upgrading" message was visible.

After ...
# php library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php
the upgrade process went through with these messages
Current version: 1030270
Upgrade target: 1030270 (1.3.2)

Are you sure you want to upgrade? [y/n] y
Rebuilding / importing data...

Upgrade completed successfully!
The message on domain.com still was the same ("... is upgrading"). I could access admin.php and got a "please click here to upgrade" link. The upgrade then went fine.

Maybe this thread may help others experiencing similar issues. Please note that I always have trouble with the CLI upgrade as I copy the xenforo files with a different linux file system owner than the one my webserver is using. This is not a problem of xenforo. Nevertheless, whoever experiences a similar situation, this might help.

I closed the browser window by accident while upgrading. I could not access admin.php, and on domain.com only a "this community is upgrading" message was visible.

After ...
# php library/XenForo/Install/run-upgrade.php
the upgrade process went through with these messages

The message on domain.com still was the same ("... is upgrading"). I could access admin.php and got a "please click here to upgrade" link. The upgrade then went fine.

Maybe this thread may help others experiencing similar issues. Please note that I always have trouble with the CLI upgrade as I copy the xenforo files with a different linux file system owner than the one my webserver is using. This is not a problem of xenforo. Nevertheless, whoever experiences a similar situation, this might help.
Did you reload/restart any caching on your server?
Memcached/Zend Opcache/APC/XCache ?
Try to reload it.

Please note that I always have trouble with the CLI upgrade as I copy the xenforo files with a different linux file system owner than the one my webserver is using. This is not a problem of xenforo.
After upload, just chown -R webserver:webserver /path/toyoursite/

Top Bottom