[1.2] Tag Icon by @username

[1.2] Tag Icon by @username 2013-06-19

No permission to download

Shelley

Shelley submitted a new resource:

Tag Icon by @username - This will display a icon next to username tagging links.

View attachment 49323

You'll have to disable "@" for username tagging otherwise this will look odd and not display correctly.

Hopefully i did this correctly simply copy and paste the following in EXTRA.CSS and then upload the icon to your icons folder.

Code:
.message .messageText .username  {
  background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/tag.png") no-repeat left center transparent;
  height: 13px;
  width: 13px;
  margin-left: 3px;
  padding-left: 15px;
}[code]

Read more about this resource...

Noce job! But I thought it should look like this :)

user_male.png

Just a small suggestion to do the 1.2 Updates the way you did it here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1-2-subforum-unread-read-icons-indicators.1988/
That one was clear it was for 1.2. This one wasn't especially since there is a Tag Me mod which you can enable or disable the @ as well. It at least helps the "not so quick to get it" crowd such as myself.

Or even better, XenForo could maybe do some Version Prefixs (like thread prefixes) that developers can use.

I've added the 1.2 prefix to the title and included a note into the release part of this thread that this enhancement is for xf v1.2.

What version of xenforo are you using? Anything prior to 1.2 the Tag username feature wasn't present.

Just use the @ character followed by their username and it'll work. You might need to merge or revert templates but if your having trouble with username tag feature in general then your best posting in the support areas.

Hi Shelley, is there a way to use multiple icons in order to have a different color used based on the usergroup of the tagged person?

For example: If the tagged person is an Admin then it could display a red tag icon whereas if the tagged person is a Moderator then it would display an Orange icon.

Hi Shelley, is there a way to use multiple icons in order to have a different color used based on the usergroup of the tagged person?

For example: If the tagged person is an Admin then it could display a red tag icon whereas if the tagged person is a Moderator then it would display an Orange icon.

Not with css I'm sure. It might be possible via additional template editing or an add-on but don't think it's possible with css only.

Edit: You most probably could use the .staff class to give moderators and admins another tag icon though.

Top Bottom