[1.2] Spam management

SchmitzIT

Would we be allowed to add some request features to the Spam management interface for 1.2?

1) Lawrence's 'Add-on' guide added the ability to limit new members from adding a signature until they have a specific amount of posts. That would be great to see incorporated into this spam management tool.
2) I have installed that add-on on my boards, but now see a lot of registrations where rather than a signature, the users end up spamming using the about and homepage fields. I was about to rewrite Lawrence's add-on and just add those two fields myself, but if option 1 would be considered, throw in option 2 as well? :D

Thanks!

Looking forward to see 1.2 :)

Would it also allow for the other two options? I don't feel having additional user-groups would be my preferred choice, as I'd have to add yet another layer of permissions. Then again, it might encourage my users to post more often. Hmm.

No it doesn't, which is why I specified the signature issue only.

Suggestions related to the other items have already been made.

as I'd have to add yet another layer of permissions.
Permissions are cumulative, so only the signature permission needs to change between the two groups.

Everything else remains at Not Set (No).

Here's how my groups are set up:
perms.webp

All new members have their first 5 posts pre-moderated.
After 5 posts members are added to the Verified Member user group which allows them to post freely, after a further 20 posts they are added to the Active Member user group which allows them to enter a signature.

I would like to see FSpamList.com and BotScout.com added in as well. Either to just have options or to have it cross check multiple registration engines.

Top Bottom