[1.2] Responsive - images in spoilers shouldn't be loaded

Kerby

Issue
mobile users can't scroll comfortable down on my custom style and xf 1.1.4 as long as it's loading pictures in posts of a thread - it's always jumping upwards when next image is loading finished. This happens mostly on a "gallerylike" thread with huge amount of pictures.

Suggestion
in new responsive mode (mostly on mobile phones ;)) on xf 1.2 when images are embedded in spoilers-bb-codes, they should only start loading into cache/mobilephone, when spoiler is opened. this can save mobile traffic and mobile surfing performance.

Or it should only load images not locally hosted once at a time while in responsive mode. Of course this should be configurable/disable in ACP Options.

Upvote 0
This is a suggestion for where ever you got the spoiler BBCode, as that is not default in XenForo.

On that note, the full page is sent without knowing if its mobile or not, so for this to be implemented there would need to be some type of hack in place.

It's not really something controllable unless you change how your spoiler tag works (not putting any data in the DOM until click).

But as XF doesn't have a spoiler tag, I'm going to have to move this to resolved.

Ok, you can close it, cause spoilers aren't part of xenforo (I would like to know why, it's almost in every forumsoftware included)

I can see the possibility, that when xenforo style is getting into responsive mode by smaller width (its javascript i think), then it could activate that "spoiler loading hack".

JavaScript hacks could be included to support what you are looking for, but responsive designs are created using strictly CSS. I believe there is a suggestion for a spoiler BB Code somewhere.

Top Bottom