1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.2 - Can you enable the responsive layout for registered members only?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by CyclingTribe, Jun 25, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I display ads to guests but not to registered members and would initially, at least, like to be able to retain the full-size ad formats I'm using (on the assumption they will make more revenue than smaller 'mobile' ad units).

So is there a way to turn responsive on/off depending on whether someone is a guest or registered member?

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not possible, other than having two styles, one which is responsive and one which isn't, and making the non-responsive style the default.

Guests will still be able to select it though, unless you edit the footer to remove the option.

3. CyclingTribe

Thanks - that's what I suspected. :(

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you want to make a lot of template changes you could modify the conditional for responsiveness everywhere to include on the that checks for membership.

5. CyclingTribe

Too much work. :)

I'll make a suggestion for usergroup based style control instead. (y)

Jeremy likes this.
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Too much work, yes, but just letting you know how it could be done. Wonder if you can regex match template names (or have a wild character) in the new TM system...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    Cambion and CyclingTribe like this.