1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.2 - Can you enable the responsive layout for registered members only?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by CyclingTribe, Jun 25, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I display ads to guests but not to registered members and would initially, at least, like to be able to retain the full-size ad formats I'm using (on the assumption they will make more revenue than smaller 'mobile' ad units).

So is there a way to turn responsive on/off depending on whether someone is a guest or registered member?

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not possible, other than having two styles, one which is responsive and one which isn't, and making the non-responsive style the default.

Guests will still be able to select it though, unless you edit the footer to remove the option.

3. CyclingTribe

Thanks - that's what I suspected. :(

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

If you want to make a lot of template changes you could modify the conditional for responsiveness everywhere to include on the that checks for membership.

5. CyclingTribe

Too much work. :)

I'll make a suggestion for usergroup based style control instead. (y)

Jeremy likes this.
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Too much work, yes, but just letting you know how it could be done. Wonder if you can regex match template names (or have a wild character) in the new TM system...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    Cambion and CyclingTribe like this.