1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Member's Activities are visible to guests, user-profiles for registered members only

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Apr 4, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have 2 different XF-websites and at both websites set the user-profiles to be only visible by registered members only.

But it is quite strange:
    at one website, the "Recent Member's Activities" are not visible to guests, but at the other websit the "Recent Member's Activities" are visible to guests.

I have rebuild the cache, but the "Ecent Activities" are still visible to guests.

What am I doing wrong ?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Presumably you mean you have set it as the default for new members?

Registered members are able to change it themselves in their account settings.
  3. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have set "restricted view" of member-profiles" just now in ACP for 2 different websites.

At one websites the "Recent Activities" disappeared to be shown to guests, at th other website the "Recent Activites" are still visible to guests.

So I am wondering what is normal or correct ?
    Are "Recent Activities" usually shown to "guests" when I set "View Member Profiles" in ACP to "Never" ?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The ACP settings only affect new registrations from that point on, not existing members.

The member profile permission in the user groups does not include the recent activity view.
    It only affects this page: http://xenforo.com/community/members/erich37.764/