Not a bug [1.2.1] Trophy Description isn't updated any more

Alexey.P

Hello,
I've upgraded to 1.2.1.

I've tried to edit some of the current trophies description and it only shows the change over ACP. while in /domain.com/help/trophies page it shows the old description.

* I've tried to rebuild trophy cache, didn't helped
* I've tried to run trophy cron, didn't helped

You have likely translated the trophy description phrase in one of your languages. I would check for that.

You have likely translated the trophy description phrase in one of your languages. I would check for that.
Yes. I didn't quite translated it, but edited it.
admin.php?trophies/1/edit
During 1.2 I've removed the English description "Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this" and I've set it to my own language. that's all good and now I had it on my own language.
I even edited/changed the Description few times and always showed up.

But now with 1.2.1 I edit it, and it will show up the change on ACP only, and not no help/trophies public page.

Is the actual phrase translated?
Translated as what? where? in the ACP language phrases? no, I can't even find any phrase that related to Trophy descriptions in there..

I simply went to the add/remove trophies and added new trophies, edit descriptions etc. and it shows up only over ACP, not on the forum it self.

I am afraid you may want to look into this, because it doesn't work.

If I edit the trophy-4-title (addicted) in "acp/users/Thropies".
- It doesn't show under "acp/users/Thropies".
- It doesn't show op the page Help/Trophies.

It's really a translation, but it's done in the master language, and not in the current language. And somehow the current languge doesn't show the translation as it should...

Hm, what might be the case is that I am translating off-line and keep uploading the same file. I guess I am overwriting the changes that were made to the language.

Sorry about all these messages, but the system is not ideal. The master-language is polluted now. is this because I have debug-mode on?

Quite possibly. It is very possible to destroy data in debug mode. You should never have debug enabled in production and you should only enable it if you really know why you're enabling it (and the consequences).

Top Bottom