XF 1.2 1.2.0 RC2 to 1.2.0 Final - Install.php?upgrade says I'm current at RC2

dvsDave

I uploaded everything in the 1.2.0 Final upgrade package, then went to the xenforo/install page and logged in with my administrator account. It claims I'm already current at 1.2.0 RC 2.

I reuploaded everything just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and same message.

At the risk of sounding curt, the files weren't uploaded correctly then. Double check that you're actually overwriting the existing files.

"You are already running the current version (1.2.0 Release Candidate 1). To do a fresh install," I downloaded the most recent release. Ran the install, and this is what I get. What am I missing?

Reupload everything, you probably missed a directory of stuff... just like I did.

(suggestion for the upgrade process @Mike , is it possible to run a file integrity check when this occurs so people could see what files they might be missing?)

(suggestion for the upgrade process @Mike , is it possible to run a file integrity check when this occurs so people could see what files they might be missing?)
It actually does this already (well, it tells you if particular files are missing), but if the entire set of files (or the entire library/ at least) haven't been uploaded, there's no way to know.

If I am running 1.1.3 do I want to download, and install the complete release for 1.2.0 and do the upgrade to 1.2.0, or do I only need the upgrade package to go from 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 RC2?

Ok. Lets try asking it this way:

Does it matter which package is used to do the upgrade (full 1.2.0 or just the upgrade files for 1.2.0) IF the version being upgraded from is 1.1.3?

Yes, you should only ever use the upgrade package to upgrade an installation. The upgrade will step through any previous version as needed to get you to the version you uploaded.

Here are some examples to make it as clear as it can be:

1.0.0 -> use 1.2.0 upgrade .zip
1.0.4 -> use 1.2.0 upgrade .zip
1.1.0 -> use 1.2.0 upgrade .zip
1.1.5 -> use 1.2.0 upgrade .zip

To reiterate, only ever use the upgrade .zip if upgrading an existing installation.

You are already running the current version (1.2.0). To do a fresh install,...." Having uploaded the upgrade package, and run the install script. I no longer have a RC attached to the current version title. Again... what am I missing here?

If it is telling you that you are running 1.2 already, you have successfully upgraded from 1.1.3 and you should follow the upgrade guide to do some completion steps (templates, add-ons, etc.) to 'finish' the upgrade.

Top Bottom